Petition to save some Oaks in Queen's Wood

So, Haringey Council are looking to cut some trees down in Queen's Wood (and just like the street trees they like cutting down) it would be great to save them! http://chng.it/rgXckh8872

Comments

• The claims on the petition site are not detailed, but that ancient trees (that take centuries to grow) should be favoured over buildings (which can be repaired) seems sound. However, there’s no mention of the magnitude of the costs involved.

On balance, I thought I’d better sign.

I wish they’d publicise the name of the insurance company!
  • In a ham high express article it says AXA - It's infuriating as it's a protected piece of land - don't live near a forest if trees are going to bother you!
  • Talking about that, in Stroud green, on several roads, I've spotted street trees and trees in gardens being felled - including one due to wall damage. It's a shame that people can't just rebuild their walls and let nature grow.
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    It's usually insurance companies passing on liability to the council. I don't know the details but it makes the council cut back trees as a mitigation measure but felling seems a little excessive.
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    I think people see cracks on their property and wonder if they are covered under insurance. I don't think they realise it may be caused by a tree and might be horrified to find out the tree will be removed. If you inform your insurers you can't really undo that process if you change your mind. At that point you would have an unresolved subsidence claim. I've been through this bollocks. I wasn't happy.
  • edited July 2020
    You deserve to be frog marched down the length of Stroud Green Road, Cersei Lannister style.
  • I'll get my bell.