Hooray for Plan B (Crouch Hill Station House)

edited August 2021 in Local discussion
What’s not to love?
Vassily front of house complemented by David the ace chef, and Maria working hard in the background.
Amazing food and drink in a delightful setting.
Fantastic addition to SG.
Highly recommend.

Comments

• is there a menu to view online anywhere?
  • Was in there yesterday Thursday
  • Rib of beef and roast cauliflower were top drawer
  • Not a single vegan pastry yesterday :(
    21st century - seriously?
  • They just arrived today, so we'll bake them tomorrow morning. seriously!
  • My Plan A was me living in the station house! Ah well, it was always a long shot - good luck to Plan B...
  • This place is great. Superb work selection. The food in the evening is seriously top-notch. Lovely people too.
  • “Work selection”?
  • I find it a bit up itself I'm afraid. And charging service charge on a coffee is a bit OTT when they're already asking 50p extra for plant milk on a very small cup. It's just a charge too far I'm afraid.

Had my last coffee there a couple of weeks ago, and their appalling lift music was on far too loud too. A real shame - it's such a tastefully designed space and could have been so good.
  • I think this place is great! Good decor, nice staff and really reasonably priced. Don't listen to this guy / gal who seems rather high maintenance. Charging for service, in the 22st century? Really? Yes mate.
  • edited June 2022
    Interesting that @CrouchEnder123's very first post on this friendly forum - they joined just this morning - chose to be quite rude - and then disappeared.
  • *wine selection, sorry
  • I ate at plan B for the first time lady month. Thought the food, service ambiance were all cracking. Will be back ASAP!
  • Dear neighbours!

We would like to introduce our Christmas set menu which is available from 1st until the 23rd of December (except Sundays and for a good reason as on Sundays we now serve Sunday roasts).

https://planb.london/menu

Come!

Sincerely Yours
    PLANB Team
  • Been there a couple of times now. Service a little slow, prices reasonable, food impeccable. Far too good for Stroud Green. It’s like putting a diamond tiara on a pig. Is it too forlorn a hope that the pig will wipe its snout and learn to walk on its hind legs?
  • Strange comment likening Stroud Green to a pig!? Hardly ..... perennial debate on here down to earth rough around the edges buzzing neighbourhood vs gentrified ersatz Crouch End.

Plan B - is a great addition which Stoud Green thoroughly deserves.
  • edited June 2022
    Filthy streets, violent crime, decrepit housing stock, people sleeping rough, bad punctuation… Stroud Green is merely “rough around the edges” is it? Really? Mate, it’s ALL bleedin’ edges! And buzzing? Oh yes, we’ve got buzzing all right: Buzzing with the sound of police helicopters. Never mind yer ersatz; It could be BETTER than Crouch End inasmuch as (no doubt partly due to our vastly superior public transport facilities) we are not blighted to the same extent by SUVs, and (no doubt due to our superior family-planning facilities, probable higher child mortality, and/or a bit of socio-economic serendipity) we are not blighted by the Cholmondely-Worthingtons having too many children around the same age. And I don’t think the pandemic—the café pandemic, that is—has hit us so hard. “Down to earth”? I’d believe that if any cyclist riding through a red light at the SGR-Tollington Park crossroads or riding the pavement outsideTesco were unseated and horsewhipped or beaten with garden rakes by angry townsfolk. Ah, sweet reveries…

Plan B is indeed a great addition, but I can see neither how Stroud Green deserves nor how it will sustain Plan B.
  • The police helicopters as you know are actually going past us from theit base in Hertfordshire
  • edited June 2022
    And often circling for several minutes at a time over Stroud Green, no doubt to admire the view.
  • They do down around the Station at SS Road or when there is an event like a Arsenal Home game or gigs in the park.
  • They do down around the Staioin a SS Road or when there is an event like a Arsenal Home game or gigs in the park.
  • It seems that the Cholmondely's dont live in CE but do have a big castle in Cheshire with a nice garden and a second pile in Norfolk
  • edited June 2022
    Some of my best friends have piles. It’s wicked to mock the afflicted.
  • edited July 2022
    @Scruffy just the kind of comments that put people off commenting. Enjoy your rants in your echo chamber.
  • @Patso I don't know why those kind of comments would put people off (from) commenting. After all, they didn't stop you. To what exactly are you objecting? I don't happen to have an echo chamber, but I'm blessed with the ability to enjoy a rant anywhere.
  • This has to be the best post on here for a while. No hunting for lettuce. Grammar nobs, food snobs, gentrification, service charge. I think everyone should tip or give a service charge untless the service is very bad. Keep it real SG. T-shrits versus jumpers over shirts.