Christian the lion

edited August 2008 in General chat
This is so cute. It made me cry. Thought I'd share it with you peeps. What a wonderful world it can be sometimes. <

Comments

• so sweet!

i'm such a sap...
  • edited 9:26AM
    i know i cry at everything but i cried at that more than most. to my surprise i think the soundtrack actually enhanced my tears as well, rather than making me cringe like that song usually does. i love happy crying.
    i love the bit at about 1.14, when he tries to put his arm around his legs.
    < I think this is what actually happened. You don't have to watch if you don't want to.
  • LizLiz
    edited 9:26AM
    It's very reassuring to know that other people cry at things like that. (Geoff - the first video was so sweet that I haven't been able to watch yours in case it's unhappy. Sorry.)
    Spew!! Have you all taken leave of your senses? What a pile of sentimental codswallop.
    @ KJ - I second your, erm, spew.

More on what generally happens to people who mess with animals after the break... (hint: they get eaten).
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    "Hello Mr. Chocolate!" Double spew.

Excellent film if you haven't seen it - especially Werner Herzog's grimly Germanic narration (what else would you expect!).
    i, too, spew
  • edited August 2008
    Ignore them, animal lovers, they're just jealous their spawn/future spawn will probably shunt them into a home rather than show the same affection in later life as that lion did to two washed up hippies.
    Was it Mr Chocolate that ate him?
    Definitely not him, probably Mr. Hungry...

If only he'd put up a fight like this guy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    I am pissed off. I put this video on as a counter to the general cynicism that is on every other bloody post now. Ignoring the Whitney (of whom I am not a fan) I thought it was a lovely thing. Getting really fed up with everyone having a go at everyone else on this site - it was not why it was started and I would like to think that we are all friendly neighbours looking to connect with other people in our area, not slag them off each time they express an opinion! There, had my say, was a long time coming. Cue general slagging off.
  • edited August 2008
    I am with you Lucy! (Hence I haven't posted anything on here for such a long time)
  • edited August 2008
    @ lucy - -so your original post wasn't ironic then?
    Please don't take offence Lucy, I just can't stand that song, esp crossed with lions/hippies. Disliking Whitney Houston does not equal cynicism.

Anyway, if you really want a good weep, there's only one place to go - the end of "The Railway Children".
    the thing it made me say to my mrs was, "aww, let's get a cat". but i'm with glyn on the mawkish sentimentality of ballad/hippy/felid love...

plus, there's nothing at all wrong with being a cynic. cynic does not equal cold-hearted, yo.
    @Lucy - I can't say that it made me weep - it made me laugh... BUT, I totally agree with your point. I think certain people need to take a step back and remember what the actual purpose of this site is.
    @ Lucy, Colette, Petra et al - I've woken up a bit contrite this morning. I do appreciate what you're trying to do, but that clip was nauseating - mostly I think due to the bloody awful Whitney Houston song. I will try and be more upbeat and positive in future though. @ Glyn - totally in agreement with the Railway Children for weepy endings, but my personal fave is Kramer vs Kramer.
  • LizLiz
    edited August 2008
    I was cheered to see that yesterday's Guardian Sports section page 2 comment piece was all about weeping at the Olympics pretty much permanently - I thought it was just me! The London Marathon really gets me too.
    The music to In The Night Garden is enough to get me going.
    As you may have guessed, I'm in the spew camp.