Making DVDs

edited August 2008 in General chat
I have a question for the computer whizz-kid types out there. I am making my show reel and am having a bitch of a time putting it onto DVD (this is on top of the trouble I had making it in the first place: edited on final cut, transferred to work on a pc, re-edited in movie-maker!). So, with all this editing and re-editing, the quality is okay on my computer but when I "burn" it onto a DVD, using DVDFlick, the sound and picture quality is appalling and it can't really be sent out. So, it looks like I'm going to have to pay actual cash for some software (short of buying myself an apple with a DVD writer) so does anyone have any recommendations? There is so much out there! Many, many thanks, Lucy

Comments

• edited 11:25AM
    I use Nero which seems to do the job.
  • edited August 2008
    Are you talking about converting your straight from video camera + editing (I'm guessing .avi fomat) files into play straight from a DVD player (MPEG4 ) files ...

... or copying files to a DVD?
    @simonb - the files were saved as a final cut pro file (as my pc doesn't have this I don't know the file letters .???. I then managed to convert it into something Windows movie maker could edit (as needed to add music) using something called MPEGstreamclip. That was all reasonably straightforward eventually. I then wanted to copy what I have from windows movie maker onto a dvd to play in a normal player and I have been able to do it but using DVDFlick and the quality is really bad. So was wondering, given that DVDFlick was free, whether it was worth buying proper software. Thereby cutting out all the fiddling/compression etc. but don't know which one would be best. So, in answer to the question, I guess, the former?
    When you say the picture is bad - do you mean the picture is not sharp? Or the frames are jerky?

What about the sound from the film? ... and the music you added?
    Final Cut DVD studio pro is really good. You can churn them out pretty quickly.
    @simonb - the picture is not sharp and in the second clip you can clearly see pixels. Sound seems okay - wasn't great to begin with I think. @ chapter none - thank you. will have a look at that one too!