a bientot

edited August 2008 in General chat
i'm off to la belle France for the next week (Colette, sorry about the topic section, it is too late in the evening to attempt to put in the accents). There will be less hippy posting perhaps but am sure it will be a jolly time here nonetheless. Going to deepest darkest countryside where absolutely no hope of internet connection - we're lucky that we have running water and electricity (not a dig at the French, more the bloody architect and builders). Love to your mothers. Lxx

Comments

• edited 8:15AM
    Have a super time Lucy. Hope you don't get 'French bread mouth' too badly.
    oooh - architects and builders - does that mean it's your place?

my mum's up tomorrow - for the proms - will give her your love ; )
    @Tosscat, I very badly want to know what French bread mouth is. Do I have it?
    Is it when the roof of your mouth gets cut up from the sharp bits?
    Correct dominic. Where you eat so much baguette because it's so delicious that the roof of your mouth becomes red raw. It's a beginners' affliction like being saddle sore, or getting the start of season blister between your toes due to flip-flops.
    I have never, ever had French bread mouth over here.
    Pah.
    Novices.
    @ tosscat - wondered why my mouth was so sore and couldn't enjoy the marmite on french bread experience after the second day! Had never made the connection before - definitely not a beginner. Just stupid. Thank you. I love French bread and cheese. I don't see how it is possible to eat so much of it without getting full or bored! Unfortunately have now put on half a stone in five days. Bugger. @ katie-jane - place belongs to the folks. But they don't speak any French. Mine isn't that great but who am I to turn down a holiday?! Hope your mum enjoyed the proms.