Another lorry bites the dust

edited August 2008 in Local discussion
Yet another lorry wedged under the bridge this morning at FP. Seemed like it had only just happened, so shortly before 9am. Usual scene with top of lorry scraped back and loads of debris on the floor - driver must have been fine as the cab looked ok and there was no ambulance. A quite frankly daft amount of police cars though.
That's 3 in one summer now - what's going on? Have all lorry drivers lost the ability to read warning signs about low bridges? The nice police woman who asked me to get off my bike was laughing about it too, saying she was getting a bit bored of wedged trucks.

Comments

• edited 11:46AM
    It could be a dodgy satnav sending them all down there.
    I'd assume that would have to be special tall lorry sat nav?
    Stupid satnav.
  • LizLiz
    edited 11:46AM
    Someone told me that it's to do with the fact that the bridge nearer Seven Sisters Road is lower than the first one, so they see the 'low bridge' warning sign on the higher bridge first but ignore it...and then calamity strikes.
    Yep, that makes sense, because the lorry had obviously travelled under the first bridged, and was wedged half way down.
    I cycled past it just before 9am too, and when I first saw it I thought it couldn't have hit the bridge because it looked like it was way below it. I guess that's what all the drivers think too. I was going to take a picture but felt a bit put off by the hundreds of police officers.
    They must have cleaned it up rapidly because there was nothing to see by 9:35 when I lazily went to work. I suppose if this is lorry 3 then the rescue services are pros at dealing with the situation :)
    yeah, i was by there around half nine too, and there was nothing fun to see :(