Dinner at the Noble

edited September 2008 in Local discussion
Dined at the Noble last night (Sunday) and opted for the Sunday Roast. The beef was fine - more than fine - deliciously rare, and the yorkshire puds and veg could not be faulted either. However... the spuds had that distinctive reheated taste. I pointed this out to the waiter, when he came round to the table and when I paid at the bar, but both times he denied that they possibly could have been cooked and then reheated, saying that they had been cooked twice. Yes, and been allowed to go cold in the meantime - we all know what that tastes like I imagine.

I have no real complaints about the food there as I have eaten well a number of times, but reheated potatoes are not nice and should be admitted to when the customer brings it to the attention of the caterer.

Boo hiss for the moment - any one else experienced potato misery on Crouch Hill?

Doug

Comments

• edited 2:22AM
    Well, this year's Potato Rolling Contest was rained off, which was a shame. My champion King Edward was raring to go
    Has anyone tried roasting potatoes? From start to finish, they take about an hour to cook. The only way to feasable serve them in a restaurant or pub is to part roast them, and then finish them to order. This does not constitute reheating. I know this all sounds rather pedantic, but I feel that someone needs to point this out!
    I've never had any problems with the potatoes. But I'm usually distracted by the bloody great steak I've ordered, which is always ace.
  • AliAli
    edited 2:22AM
    To make the perfect Roast potatoes.

Par boil the potatoes

Drain

Put the lid on the pan.

Shake them all about to “ruff” them up a bit ( this increases the surface area)

Roast in Goose fat in a hot oven
    Ooo, recipe corner.