Bits & Pieces

edited February 2009 in Local discussion
Anyone know the story of the guy outside Tesco's of a weekday morning? White, 40's I'd say, glasses & beard. Wears black jogging pants and a hood with black coat over the top. He smokes a rollie outside and tries to talk to people but only if they're on their way into Tesco's, not if you're just walking past. He always finishes his (usually) one way discussion with _"Going to Tesco's, get your bits and pieces."_ sort of like a commentary to himself of what the person is doing. It's an odd pattern for sure, he's not threatening or anything, just wondered what his story is.

Comments

• edited 1:37PM
    he used to be based over by Ferme Park/Stapleton Hall if it's who I'm thinking of. he is very friendly and will happily chat about this and that. if seems to have no body thermostat and wearsthe anorak in all weathers. he sometimes asks for a pound but only if it's just before benefits day. a pleasant local character.
    If he's who I think you mean, he tends to walk down Albert road a lot. A while back he stopped and asked us if we wanted to buy a broken radio.
    I had a chat to him once about cherries.
    He once - only once,mind - wolf-whistled at me. A proud day.
  • edited February 2009
    He's really nice. He once helped me push start my car (on Albert road where he's often walking as Colette said, often surprisingly early in the morning - I mean like 8am...)

Maybe he's moved south because the girl who always looked heavily opiated and sat on the bench outside tescos has moved on....?