Furniture restoration/Quality carpentry

edited February 2009 in Local discussion
If anyone needs any work doing that involves wood, you might like to consider Stroud Green artisan Neil. Neil will restore your Elizabethan furniture or put up MDF shelves, and pretty much anything in between; he put in fitted wardrobes for me, and they continue to open and close on demand.
Neil does good work and can be found on 02076864552 or most evenings in The Larrik shortly after 6. Oh, and he's an Arsenal season ticket holder and Jimi Hendrix fan, surely fine credentials?

Comments

• edited 7:19PM
    My husband and I have used Neil on many occasions for fitted cupboards and restoration of antique furniture, including an Elizabethan chair. He's very reliable and charges reasonable prices.
  • IanIan
    edited 7:19PM
    Does anyone have an up to date number? This doesn't seem to work and we have a few carpentry jobs to contract. Also if anyone has any other recommendations I would be grateful... Many thanks.
    Attend in the Larrik at six and ask at the bar for Neil and you will surely be rewarded.
  • IanIan
    edited January 2010
    I shall wander up this very evening to find him, unless he has also changed the number 6 for his drinking time. Then go to the Noble afterwards, obviously...
    Was he there? The seat practically has an embossed plaque with his name on it.
  • IanIan
    He certainly was.
    do you have his mobile now?
  • IanIan
    No - he doesn't have a mobile. And the landline I had is 'dodgy'. So, basically, the pub is his office. If you are interested in getting hold o him whisper me your details and I can pass them on when I speak to him.
    Neil's many admirers have been running a 'you must get a mobile' and 'you must get a web page' campaign for some years now.

Basically, his response is 'but I've got a life'.

Interesting topic for discussion here.