Dotori - amazing

edited March 2009 in Local discussion
Before you all start moaning - I cant find the Dotori thread!

So give me a YAWN Tosscat!

Just wanted to say. I was persuaded by Predicaments to go there for lunch today and I was blown away as a lot of you have been but the lovely service and the most amazing food. Better than most Japanese restaurants I have been too and all the chains such as You. Better than Wow in Crouch (not hard).

They were so lovely and the quality was amazing: sashimi, bento, tofu, maki, gyoza etc. We ate tons and it would have normally come to £60 for to anywhere else but it was only £23!

Its rare to find somewhere like this and especially right next to Finsbury park station. Its just as well noone can park there as you wouldnt be able to get it.

I hope more people discover it to it is always there. I could eat there every day and it means I dont have to travel into town for my Japanese cravings.

Im probably the last to discover it but I really was impressed!

Comments

• edited 9:32AM
    Poor Tosscat, gets all the rubbish jobs. I'll [yawn for him](http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1209/dotori-review/)
    Thanks David.
  • benben
    edited 9:32AM
    Hey! What about the one I started?

http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/983/dotori-review/#Item_0
    I think Bridget misunderstood the 'yawn', it's not a passive aggressive stance against people that can't use the search functionality, it's to help people out when they can't manage a link in Markdown.
    I might do a 'rainbow yawn' for the can't be bothered thing.
    must try this place, thanks for the review bridget.

i've been put off thus far by the location, sushi is best enjoyed without the delicate aroma of bus exhaust.
    I must try this place, the space outside it am I right in thinking you cannot stop/park there?
  • RegReg
    Went here with the girlf on Friday night for the first time and loved it. Great food, plenty of it, nice atmosphere, good service, lots of green tea and all for under £25. Hopefully we'll eventually see them do a Petek and double in size so as to ease the queue that was forming when we left...
    @ Nix - do you live in SG? Is there a specific reason why you would consider driving to Dotori?
    I do live in SG and VERY close to Dotori but I'mup north at the moment and shall be returning with a car so I'm on a mission to find the closest place to park to my house!
    that red box outside dotori is fine after 7pm but you're taking a massive chance if you park there before
    Dotori is a Time Out top pick in this week's cheap eats issue...
    nice. when i finally go in there for the first time i'll be sure to loudly tut and sneer at all the johnny-come-latelys.
  • RegReg
    Smugly ahead of the curve on this one then... By less than a week but ahead, yes. A bit like my girlf who prides herself on already owning clothes that appear in magazines, although as far as I can tell this makes her instantly out of date. Time to boycott Dotori!
    usually i smugly write off the curve on principle only to quietly jump on about 2 years late.
    noooooooo, we'll never get a table now.
    @ Nix - we parked in that space once. We were on our way to Au Lac, but changed our minds on our way past and went to Dotori instead.
    I wish Dotori would do a fried chicken breast fillet like Katsu I think. That would be nice. Oh my god though - the other day I went there for lunch. And the very nice chef came up to me and said that the Salmon wasn't ready yet and would I like Tuna Sashimi. He told me it was fresh from Billingsgate Market.

Anyway - it was some of the freshest Tuna Sashimi I've ever had - cold, fresh and unlike Yo!Sushi's mouldy stinking off Tuna it was just crisp and fresh. Lovely!!!

I also didn't have enough money on me and they let me go to a cashpoint, very trusting.
    Maybe they can move into the new development? Hint hint
    Ooof! 65 minutes for take-out for 4 people? Tonight, that hurt...

Still, they gave us some free Asahi to keep us sweet. Food was aces, but they're sort of overwhelmed at the moment.
    Lots of places seem overwhelmed at the moment - suprising really, no?
  • benben
    The owner told us last week that he asked McDonalds (who own the boarded up area between the 12 Pins and Rowan's) if he could move into a section of their site, but they said no. I know nothing more.
    You'd think there'd be some council board they could petition to get into that McDonalds site - a popular business, wanting to expand to surely the benefit of a real hole of an area - but being denied the use of a building that's been empty since it was built. Shame.

As someone said in another thread(?) maybe if Vista ever gets finished they could move there, though what are the chances of that? A whole other thread on menkle planning decisions could surely run and run...
  • AliAli
    Is that McDonalds or just some else with a Scottish name ?
  • AliAli
    Is that McDonalds or just some else with a Scottish name ?
  • benben
    It is McDonalds as in 'Big Mac, fries to go'.
    vote doctor doom, you know it makes sense
  • edited July 2009
    Has anybody got Dotori's number? assuming they take reservations? Thanks edit 020 7263 3562
    *miffed the pop will eat itself thread went nowhere