Taste London

I got an e-mail today offering the Taste London card for £29.95. It's normally £69.95.

I've heard of it before, but haven't really bothered to investigate further.

Does anyone have one? Is it worth it?

Comments

• edited 6:56PM
    We got one free when we joined Streetcar. It just came in the post, it took me a while to work out why they'd sent us one.

Having looked in to it, with the various restrictions etc, I'm not sure I'll ever actually use it. If you were very organised you could probably save quite a bit of money. The only local restaurant in the very glossy directory is (hilariously) the Mezbaan, but it's based on eating in. I love Mezbaan for takeaway but I can't imagine spending an evening there.
    I've currently got a year's free membership through something or other. Not sure I totally understand what the benefits are to be honest (and it's not for want of trying). Bit of a waste of time in my opinion. Top Table much more worthwhile - we got a free glass of champagne at Mon Plaisir just for booking through them.
  • edited April 2009
    I got one cheap through Time Out and I got my money back on it in two visits. Mrs Mike fromLondon and I had a memorable evening out down in Upper Street at the Almeida Restaurant and paid £80 for a meal that should have cost over £100. We'be been a few times to Mrs K's favourite local restuarant (search me) Viva Viva up in Hornsey, also Sosta on Crouch End and Mosaic at the Chocolate Factory in Wood Green. Also in the West End a few times.

Only worth it for slightly more expensive places and only if you can go out midweek. Though having said that it's baby MikefromLondon's birthday tonight and I can use it at Sosta even though it's Friday. Good for big groups if they do the '50% off' option.

All in all not a bad deal I thought. Gets you out of the house. Not sure about Mezbaan though.
    The two local-ish places that caught my eye were the Almeida restaurant and Iznik. Probably going to pass on it, though. We don't eat out as much as we used to. When we do, I don't want our choice of restaurant to be determined by a discount card.
    i hope you didn't pay for a card because there is a link for a free one [here](http://www.ukprizedraw.co.uk/?campid=219&affid=2603). i presume it's the same card but it does seem odd that they can charge some people £69.95 for it then give it away free. if you click through this link there are a couple of pages of amazingly awful prize draws that you just have to click 'no' to. i went through it and there were no nasty surprises. it doesn't ask for bank details either.
    Thanks for that, Sophie.

No, I didn't pay for the card. I wasn't sure if I'd ever use it. But if it's free, then what the hell. It would give me an excuse to finally try Iznik.
    if you find any good places that offer the discount, let me know!
    Lordy, that´s alot of rubbishy offers - poor old rnli in the middle.