Who's got a Wii?

2»

Comments

• edited 12:15AM
    @poxy - we thought that was you! (pushchair by the exit to the playground) but the bit that connects the 'recognising' part of my brain to the 'naming' part of my brain was hamstrung by the "Gina McKee Incident", where I said hello to her thinking I knew her, rather than her being off the telly.

No excuse, I know, but I'll know better next time.
  • edited June 2009
    #SEVENTH!?
  • IanIan
    edited June 2009
    @tosscat yes seventh, that's right. I'm happy with sixth. It's one less than seventh. Which is where you are on the list. You might find this post confusing though, and if you say ' what are you talking about' you owe me a drink.
    Eh, what are you talking about Ian?
  • edited June 2009
    I like our wii. Keeps the kids and the husband happy for hours. You can keep your games though - making miis for ourselves and subsequent visitors to our house been very entertaining indeed.

@ andy - can I summise from your post that Gina McKee was at the wray crescent festival?
    No. It was some time ago, in Banners in Crouch End. We walked in, it was full and as we walked out, another group walked in. I said something like "Oh hi, how are you, it's full in here" and only as I left the place realised that I didn't know Gina McKee, but she was off the telly.
    I often nearly say hi to your common garden [Michael French](http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/characters_cast/characters/character_david_w.shtml) when getting a sandwich from Pret in Covent Garden. That Pret is a goldmine of ex-soap-cum-thebill-or-dancingonsomething-D-celebs. Must be the panto district effect.
  • LizLiz
    edited 12:15AM
    Had a very similar moment with Stephen Mangan not that long ago - stared at him for ages thinking that I knew him from somewhere before I clicked that he was off the telly. Embarrassing. Just to chuck in my tuppenceworth on the cliquey debate, I know both Andy and David in real life and was an early member but this site is not just for a small group of friends. Lots of people post who don't know each other, and the jumble of local/funny/random/incomprehensible stuff is what keeps it interesting. And long may it continue.
    I said "oh hi, haven't seen you for ages!" to a very alarmed-looking Kate Moss in the loos of a nightclub a few years ago. I then realised she wasn't my actual friend, I had just seen too many pictures of her.

Can I just say how much I love this site and thank you to the people who run it. I haven't met anyone from here in real life - that I know of - but a couple of posters are coming to take some tomato seedlings off my hands (so to speak, they're not sprouting from my actual hands) which I am quite excited about.
    Super Mario Galaxy is worth playing through twice. Look past Mario to what is one of the finest games ever made. I'm lookin forward to playing it through again soon. ExciteBots (US only) is also an absolute corked. A worthy successor to the fantastic Excite Truck. I do love my driving games.
    Andy: That's ok. I had a similar brain-fart. I was pre-occupied trying to figure out why Arthur was having a seizure before I realised he was signing "dog". He'd seen Plum.

Later on he saw the two coppers sat on the REALLY big dogs. How do you explain to a fourteen month old that horses are not big dogs? Anyone?