Cassette collection

IanIan
edited August 2009 in Classifieds
I have a whole box of cassettes of bands from the 80s/90s - not much use to anyone probably but I remember someone needing some once for a project they were working on. Thought I better check before I dump them - happy to give them away.

Comments

• edited 10:50PM
    don't dump them, charity shop them!
    are you a member of freecycle?
    anyway, out of curiosity, what have you got? i'd be interested if you have any synthpop, post-punk, electro, minimal wave, rave type stuff...
  • IanIan
    edited 10:50PM
    I HATE Freecycle. Almost every time I have used them somebody asks for the thing then messes me around. My feeling is it is a bit middle class and so the users are rather choosy and don't seem to think it is rude to set a time then ignore it. I would never ever use it again after the last few times.

Every time I have used Gumtree free stuff, in contrast, I have had very keen responses that have been followed up.

I will give them to a charity shop if one wants them, again that isn't always easy - when I went to the one on Stroud Green Rd they turned their nose up at the first load out of the car but the load out was a set of golf clubs to which the bloke in the shop said "great, I'll have them myself ..."

No synthpop I'm afraid - it's all indi/alternative/chart.
    surely the only benefit of working in a charity shop is that you get dibs on any of the half-decent stuff that comes in
  • IanIan
    edited 10:50PM
    I'm absolutely fine with that - I wanted someone to have them and didn't want paying for them. I might be being unfair - he was giving of his time and he would probably have priced them properly and coughed up.
    Any cassingles?
    Do you have Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express on the A side and Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart on the B side with some surprise tracks (e.g. Fool's Gold, the Winner takes it All) at the end of each side? Would pay 1£. Maybe a bit more.