New Members (very exciting!)

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 4:52PM
    Welcome - I think you're in the right place judging by your blog. (BTW, Andy and David invented this. They are jolly good fellows.)
  • edited 4:52PM
    Hooray! Do I get a gold star for starting a discussion which brings in new members??
    hello to a couple more newies, Seagul and lottie. introduce yourselves, don't be shy. (katiej - gold star in the post)
    Hi! I'm new! I moved to Stroud Green Road in December from 'up norf' and I know absolutly nobody in this place!! I am also confused about where exactly I live.... Finsbury,SG,Haringay,Islington... who knows?! I have a few friends moving down to London and I'm trying to convince them that SG is where its at! Hopefully we'll get a house share around here somewhere and I'll finally get out and meet my fellow SG-ers!
  • LizLiz
    Welcome Nix - if you have happened upon SGR as your first London residence, then you are lucky indeed. And if you are on SGR then there is no doubt - you live in Stroud Green. Andy invented a lovely T shirt to deal with just such issues... <http://www.stroudgreen.org/?Page=shop>; (It's on the second page.)
    Haha great t-shirts! I was just confused because I live opposite Finsbury Park tube so assumed that was my address! Don't suppose it matters really as the postman can't even seem to find my building andmy postcode dosn't exist according to the internet!
  • LizLiz
    I recently moved house, and the postcode the estate agent gave me was wrong too. Royal Mail's postcode finder is handy for such circumstances: <http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/postcodefinder;jsessionid=1XL5IDZQ0AMZYFB2IGJERWQ;jsessionid=1XL5IDZQ0AMZYFB2IGJERWQ?catId=400145&gear=postcode>;
  • IanIan
    Of course, as you all know, you don't need Stroud Green, or Finsbury park in your address, or London, or indeed your road name. Just your house number and post code. Getting the right post code would kind of help with this.
    "Unfortunately we could not find this address. Please check it. If the address is correct but we still can’t find it, please read the help below to find out what to do."

Haha! I wouldn't mind but the landlord has actually bought big stickers and written the entire address across the front door!
    Another flurry of new members, norix, mr sheen and lucy_luge Can you all say hello?
    i am starting to think that some people are not using their real names on this site!

how come i never noticed that before?
    If you give mr sheen umpteen things, then, if it's his really name, he will shine them clean!
    so is tosscat your real name?
    I wanted to use my real name but it was already taken.

Can I change my name? I'm sure there's a precedent.
    Hello, I am new. Resident of N4 for almost 2 years now. And I prefer Pappas to Porchetta. Scandalous.
    @poxy: Go to "Account" in the top bar, then "personal information" in the left hand sidebar and I think you can edit your name there.
    Who's Poxy? Is andy talking to himself? Weirdo.
    Thanks, andy.
    There you go. Just like myspace.
  • LizLiz
    It's a bit freaky how the site automatically rewrites history when you change your name - it's like Poxy never existed....
    Ok, so it's like StalinsMySpace
    Hiya, sorry a bit delayed in actually introducing myself. Moved to Shaftesbury Road in October and randomly stumbled across this site when googled for reviews for The Noble...previously lived north of Archway and didn't venture towards Stroud Green much...
    Hello Norix! We're also on Shaftesbury Road.
    haven't added to this for a while, but peterr and paulusmax have joined today. Sign in and say hi. The other recent member is lynnefeatherstone, who i forgot to introduce. Hello.
    Hello all. Brief introduction: I've been in the area for about 5 years and have managed to live in all three of the Finsbury Park boroughs in that time. Islington's the best by the way.

Stumbled across the site looking for a doctor for Paul who's just moved into the area (and who also joined today too). Thought I'd join so that I can reminisce about the good old days when the Noble was a gay bar with blacked out windows and what looked like a security entry system (I can't remember what it was called - what was it?). I'd also like to propose the Park Tavern for best pub.

Peter.
    Hello I'm the Paul who Peter speaks of in the previous post. Just moved to Upper Tollington Park about two weeks ago, so I know nothing of blacked out venues back in the good old days. In fact I Know nothing about anything Stroud Green at the moment, so I will absorb all info with great interest!
    The Flag,

And welcome!
    Hello, I'm Ed. I've been living on SGR (above Wigworld!) for 5 years now. Good to meet you all - well, see your words anyway.
    HI Ed. Just had another new joiner - krazykappa - say hi!