Best Coffee in Stroud Green?

124»

Comments

• edited 10:59PM
    Arent the girls in Mike's italian? medal for them for serving me around 7 am when i am half asleep and looking terrible! ;)
    On the menu outside it says Cafe Italiano. I think this could be a clue.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The Garden Ladder. Food fest was excellent. Ate far too much. Special mention to the kimchi burger. Anne Mac's mac&cheese wasn't so good.
    Has anyone tried one of the Aussie coffee places? i'm hooked, they do good ones, but haven't found one in our neighbourhood.
    I bought some colombian coffee from My Kind Of Coffee. It was quite expensive but is much nicer than the stuff I've got from supermarkets. They ground it for me.

Aussie-wise, Atomica in Melbourne is legendary, and someone told me they now have a London cafe, but I don't know where it is.
    @Margolada, Milk Bar in Bateman St, Soho is, I believe, an Aussie bar, and sister to Flat White (maybe NZer, not Aussie - actually I think so. Sorry, Kiwis!). I am not a huge coffee fan as coffee hardly even tastes as good as it smells, but the coffee there is phenomenal. I have also had an excellent, excellent proper iced coffee from Tapped & packed, 26 Rathbone Place, Fitzrovia.

Not very local, though...
    I think that in years to come the fuss about coffee will seem as 'Emporer's new clothes' as water sommeliers or nouvelle cuisine does now. Anyone have favourite tea? I'm partial to Yorkshire if it's teabags or Lady Grey if made from leaves.
    Earl Grey all the way.

Unfortunately though my love of tea has been a bit blunted by my aging tastebuds which prefer the power of a good coffee. Speaking of which, I had a cappucino from Coffee Circus on Crouch Hill today. It was very nice.
  • Hmm... Lady Grey tea - lovely. Only ever had it in tea bags though.
  • edited September 2011
    Yorkshire Tea every time (which is often)

Sorry - had to edit as I typed 'Yorkshite'.
    Chai latte.
    Herbal teas for me - Yogi Tea does a heavenly range, including Chocolate or my favourite, Sweet Chilli. That reminds me, I must go back to the Haelan Centre to stock up - mmm.
    @therattle - i tried coffee in both places and must say both great but milk bar is one of best i had in London. Is Flat White still around? couldnt find it last time i was in the area. Coffee Circus has great coffee, but does anyone know why it always takes ages to get served even though there is noone in front of me in the queue? ;)
  • edited September 2011
    That building is known in construction-geek circles as ‘Bezier’s Bum’. That picture only shows one ‘cheek’ or you’d see why.
  • edited September 2011
    If it's good then it'll put the woeful Shoreditch Grind out of business. Such promise, such rubbish espresso.
  • edited October 2011
    Best Coffee Near Stroud Green Not In The Crouch End Direction - - I'm ever more impressed by the little Italian coffee shop called 'Mike's' near the 19 bus stop down at Finsbury Park Station.

It's run by two raggazze and it has a real cheerful Italian-city vibe - open air location, busy street scene, traffic noise, transport interchange, pavement drama, lots of pedestrian traffic - excellent for people-watching. It's a very sunny place to sit (when shining) and attracts a lot of Italians. Authentic cappuccino in my opinion (NOT dishwater). They also do little home made cookies at a very reasonable price.

Buon gusto!
    Haberdashery in crouch end - very nice latte.
    Friend of mine coming up the hill on the bus early morning saw Coffee Circus staff having a group hug. He thought it was part of their Tao.
    Im totally addicted to the coffee in Coffee Circus - they are really lovely people too and the boiled eggs and toast soldiers are really good.