St James Bar

edited August 2009 in Local discussion
The new bar that opened in Crouch End a few months back - I think it was called St James - has it closed down already?!
I drove past it this evening and it seems closed and there is a sign in the window but I couldnt see what it said.

Comments

• edited 1:18PM
    It's closed for a refurb. Out goes the glass, chrome and walnut veneer. Back comes the traditional timber frontage. Just like the one they took out about a year ago.
    They should have consulted this site - I'm pretty sure there was strong doubts expressed here about that style of bar any time after 1989.
    The bar they took out was Florians and a great place, I was in there most weekends and got to know the owners and Jon the manager. Also had a great restaurant out back and the best Italian wine - sadly missed by a lot of us. The new place was funded by a local architecht and a partner who owns a restaurant in Barnet - where presumably chrome and glass are still cool!? - they had their eye on the place for years apparently. I walked passed it yesterday and could have sworn I smelt burning money - aah Schadenfreude, a vintage year.
    I'm fed up with the burbs trying to colonise nicer areas, first Dudley's and now St John (although if they can guarantee me a sighting of Mucca I'll be in there every night)