Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

deleting threads

edited August 2006 in About this site
seems to be something only in the gift of the admins

Comments

• edited 4:28PM
    Wasn't me.
  • edited August 2006
    doesn't seem to be something that one can do
    you can _hide_. I think its something to do with avoiding orphaning replies if the initial comment is deleted.
  • LizLiz
    edited 4:28PM
    David, sometimes I think we have a lot in common e.g. love of waffles, and then you post something like that!
    wha'd I say?
  • LizLiz
    'Orphaning replies': What on earth does this mean??? It's like a whole other language.
  • edited August 2006
    Well you know, you post a message, and then the replies are children to the initial parent message. Hierarchial stuff. Surely someone who uses _'...both qualitative and quantitative techniques'_ can see that. The consultants at Credo use _qualitative_ and _quantitative_ all day long. I've been typing them for over 6 years. I've even looked them up in the dictionary, yet still they don't feel like proper words.
    and i'm seeing ads for ice-cream machines. bizarre
  • LizLiz
    Oh crap, did I really say that somewhere on this site? I don't think I have otherwise I'd remember the inevitable scorning from Andy. Or is it in my work biog? If so, that's acceptable, I'd say.
  • LizLiz
    edited August 2006
    I think the ice cream store ad must be because of the franchising discussions. I can see it too.
  • LizLiz
    Sorry, just looked at the new business opportunity thread and realised this would be obvious to a child.