Chips for breakfast.

edited November 2009 in Local discussion
I walked down my road a couple of hours ago and there were three guys taking a break from working on a neighbouring property. Each was munching his way through a tray of chips. Nothing else, just chips.

Two things: Where does one buy takeaway chips at 9:00am? And, is this a London thing?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    it's a builder thing rather than a london thing i think. if you've been up since five, then 9am is like lunchtime. i saw a builder behind my house eating a battered sausage at about 9.30 the other day. i was nearly sick at the thought. no idea where they get them from.
  • edited 4:33PM
    Are chips at 9am any more wrong than lasagna and chips, pizza and chips, or chip butties?
    I think you're right Sophie. Way back as a lad I was an electricians apprentice and we kicked off just after 5am and come about 9 it was definitely lunchtime. We used to go to this greasy spoon in Bethnal Green and order a massive plate of mushrooms on chips. It got you through til early afternoon, which naturally was about 7pm in our heads.
    there is absolutely nothing wrong with chip butties. they are so unwrong it's untrue. mushrooms on chips though..!
    I know. It was proper greasy fried up. Huge layer of fat chips completely covered with a huge layer of fried mushies. I've no idea why we all ate it, it just seemed to be what everyone did. Certainly fuelled you through the day mind.