Woody's

1234568»

Comments

• edited 6:40PM
    @ Tallboy, where will you get your Baklava and olives within Stroud Green from now on (green lanes daytrips apart)?
    @ Staplejack, I don't really care for either of them. I won't be getting any more.
  • IanIan
    edited 6:40PM
    'Provision of late night refreshment between 0000 and 0500'

Eh? A 24h or late night mini Sainsbury's? In case we get desperate for a hot pasty at 3.30am?

The Fruit Basket next to the only-in-name florist sells decent Kalamata, no baklava 'tho. Plus their bunches of herbs are never as fresh and big as in Woody's.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Jenowl - that wouldn't be the st john street Tesco in farringdon? Because if it is, its an express not a metro ;). To be honest it wasn't their fault 0that they were so busy at lunchtimes, but think its worse since the fit out, even less room now. That waitrose is a bit weird, proper butcher, decent selection of non-lunch foods but there's no trolleys and only small checkouts. Weird building behind waitrose too, like a massive orange lions head..

@misscara I know the shop you mean, we sometimes get bread from there. No idea of the name either.
  • edited March 2010
    ActionVerb, I still love the Waitrose despite the weird features you mention! The orange lion's head is, I believe, a giant flower but you can't make it out because half of it is windows - defeats the object of having an image there at all. They could have just made it plain orange.

I don't think a tiny Sainsbury's will add much to SGR in convenience other than being a fallback option when Tesco is too horrendous-looking, for example on a Sunday afternoon or Monday night. It might be OK for bread and milk and emergency items, but surely they will have very limited space for a good range of produce.
    @Misscara that's good old akdeniz, on the corner of durham road and seven sisters. the bread is great (they sell the old petek-type bread, when it was softer and less crusty. oh god i love that bread) and they have the most amazing selection of pulses i've ever seen. also good for cheese, 24 hour booze and a huge variety of toilet roll brands.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I love akdeniz its great and does the best baklava around here... Sainsbury is pretty dull, shame we didn't get the mini waitrose and more genteel folk of crouch end got it instead... at least it will make tesco less crowded now lots of people will flock to sainsbury... SGR is not the same without the eccentricities of Woody's... everyone seems to have a memory of going into Woody's to buy something random at 3am in the morning or is that just me...