Is there a good book club in the area?

124»

Comments

• edited 9:47AM
    Digested digest Life is shit.
    I was planning to bring my copy of the book too, hopefully we'll all find each other - or can Olddairy tell us which bit we should head to?
    Need to try and get through the book this weekend, just on page 50.
  • So that's about half way through. You've got as far as 'Life is......'. Won't spoil the ending.
    Hello, I've never attended a book club meeting before but looking forward to this one. Now to get through the book...
    Phew! Just finished the book. Will bring it along, hope I can find you all.
    I will reserve The Cubby for everyone, as a guess it looks like there is about 10 people which should be fine for the cubby.

See you all at 7.30
    I think this is the beginning of the end.
    Well, back from a very successful first session! Turnout great (10) and weirdly there was another book club in the pub at the same time! Thanks to Olddairy for the delicious refreshments!

I'm going to give info of the next book but will start a new thread if that's OK, or this one is going to get too long. Liz can you ask for the new thread to be made sticky?
  • LizLiz
    edited February 2010
    Request is in. Andy suggested that we should put it on the events calendar too, so I'll have a look at that.
  • Where did the terrific ten meet - in the raised alcove opposite the main bar or in some other part? I was there having a pint and was curious to see but I didn't get a book club vibe anywhere.

And what was the other book club?

Any other reports?
    Ours was in the restaurant, behind the velvet curtain. It was very enjoyable and I'm glad I went. I was a bit nervous about meeting people I speak to online in the real world, but everyone was normal, nice and interesting and I'm looking forward to the next one.

A big thank you to Adam and his team who were the perfect hosts and gave us lovely refreshments.
  • LizLiz
    edited 9:47AM
    No idea what the other book club was - having nicked our table in the cubby, they didn't seem to want to chat!
    Am annoyed. I couldn't make it at the last minute. Oh well, I'll make it to the next one.
    the sausage rolls and pork pies were amazing, thank you to the old dairy. and it was lovely to meet you all too.
    Yes, the sausage rolls and pork pies were totally yummy. Knocked Dunn's ones into a cocked hat!