Home is closing

2»

Comments

• edited 3:53AM
    I've just been in. It was very busy, 6 people queuing. They only accept cash. Even half-price, everything seemed expensive. They've put up some sale prices to full price, so it's half the full price... I headed out without buying anything and went into that new shop, stop it or whatever, that's got wrapping paper and homeware and furniture, on Stroud Green road. Anyway all the homeware in there still seemed better value, even taking into account the half-price stuff in Home.
    I was there just before 11. Strangely, even though everything was half price, I was still hard pushed to find anything. I persevered though, and got a souffle dish, dinosaur cookie cutters, doilies, a palette knife, a plughole drainer and some catch it cups for the kids. Wanted to buy one of those pantone mugs but couldn't decide which colour.
    Although I have never bought anything there, such trendy and pointless shops are good for house prices.
    @katiejane you are doing a heroic effort for house prices here1
  • edited January 2010
    @ krs - just realised what a nob i sound from that list!
    No-one tempted by that magnetic shavings 'beaver' toy then? Nearly bought one for the kids - thought it was a beard one.
    PS: Home closed due to serious illness, rather than you lot not buying anything
    @ AS - oh no - that's really sad.