Lazy People

2»

Comments

• edited 8:04PM
    Yes, Miss Annie! Well spotted.

Georgian houses? I would have thought they were a bit later, but I'm no expert.
    @Ian, you might get your pavement back soon, or maybe not.

<a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1184/2/new-development-stroud-green-road/#Item_100">link to thread</a>
    I used to work in a fairy shop so I was pleased to see her there. I'm no architecture expert either but they are pretty none the less.
    What did you sell in the fairy shop?
  • edited February 2010
    Um yes.... Fairies.

It's primarily for children so anything fairy or princess themed dress up, decor, books, toys, anything pink and fluffy really - very cute. It's in Hampstead.
  • That's what Stroud Green needs. A fairy shop! Or shoppe!
    I like Charteris Road and always use it when walking back from the tube. One evening there was just one other person walking some way ahead of me. She disappeared in due course, turning right at the top (towards the chip shop) but when I reached the corner, she jumped out at me and said 'Boo!' She had been hiding and waiting for me! Strangely I was sort of expecting it so I wasn't surprised. I haven't seen her since.
    I was propositioned by a young prostitute on a pedal cycle on Charteris Road. She said "Would you like some business?" I said "What sort of business?" She replied "You know what sort." I politely declined. She was quite fat.
    In Durham, a girl who looked no older than 14 once offered me a blowie in exchange for a bag of chips. We were outside a chip shop. Judging by her immense girth I’d surmise that business was good. It was pretty depressing.
    I was propositioned at Kings Cross once, when I was on my bike, by a bloke asking me about business (That isn't what I do). I thought what sort of prostitute goes out with her bike. Clearly not that unusual by the sounds of it. It is the best way to get around I guess, but there's all the faffing about with locks and gloves and panniers and whatnot.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    You were supposed to give him a fiver for the privilege of sucking his penis?
    Bimbi’s! Now that brings back memories… spent far too much time in there. No it was actually on the corner of Gilesgate and Young St – in my second year I lived in a hovel opposite it on the latter rd, allegedly formerly occupied by a young Will Carling.

Gilesgate was very poor- it was the working-class district rather than the tourist or student centre, and has never recovered from Thatcher’s intervention in the mining industry.
    No point in waiting for buses to take you down SGR to FP, or indeed for a 19, 4 or 236 from FP. It's walking all the way for me.

It's surprising how central you can get by walking for an hour from SG/FP.

A recent jaunt took me too Coram's Fields, so therfore Russell Sq/Holborn 'round the corner, not much furhter to Tottenham Court Road, Soho etc.

It's 30 mins to Highbury Corner, 45 mins to Angel, 50 mins to Hackney...and I've got little legs.

I was toying with the idea of a bike (for about half a day), had no idea it is the prostitute's transport of choice.

And I think there is a fairy shop near Highbury Barn too.
  • edited February 2010
    Frogs and Fairies at Highbury Barn is not specifically fairies, just general children's stuff for boys and girls, but very sweet anyway.

From SG, a bracing stroll across the heath to Hampstead for a well earned drink takes just over an hour too. None of their pubs are as good as the Noble though.
  • IanIan
    edited February 2010
    There is a house on the top of Charteris Road with a clock sticking out sideways, like at a railway station. I have never noticed this before - I might start glancing at it every morning to check whether I am running late. Unless it doesn't work.
  • edited February 2010
  • @Ian - thanks for pointing that out. I reckon it is around five minutes fast. I reckon we should adopt it as Stroud Green Time.
    The fairy bollord in Charteris road has vanished! There is just a light in the pavement now.