Toni & Guy is crap

edited February 2010 in General chat
Don't go to Toni and Guy in Crouch end: expensive and really rude stylist.

Comments

• edited 10:13AM
    Yes, my son and his mum would agree. He is 14 and was bought a present to go there and have his hair done at Christmas. Cost, I dunno, £30-40 and the stylist was really rude and offhand. VERY disappointing. Avoid.
    i've had two nice stylists there and i know my boyfriend always loves going there as he gets chocolates and special extra massages. maybe there's just one rude one. unfortunately i don't know any of their names.
    'special extra massages' ?
    i don't ask for details. he's so happy & nice when he comes home that i don't care how they make him feel so good. it's a rare treat for me.
    actually i remember him once telling me that he saw the trainee's nipple when she bent down to pick up a clump of hair. it might be the thought of that that keeps him going.
    I once went to Toni and Guy in Golders Green and the hairdresser (who looked like a WWF wrestler) said to me: "Let's make you look like Cindy Crawford then."

I thought this was stupid and patronising. I didn't *ask* to look like Cindy Crawford, and do we only look beautiful when we are emulating so-called supermodels?

Bah. Daniel Field in Crouchers on the other hand is excellent. Ask for Kat.
    I need a new hairdresser. Can anyone with highlights recommend a good colourist in crouch end?
  • CatCat
    edited 10:13AM
    Bridget - I went to Peppermint Green to have my highlights done and I was very pleased with the results. I think it was Jo who did them.
    My daugher goes to http://www.urbanpath.com/london/hairdressing-salons/taylor-taylor-spitalfields.htm and has John Paul cut her hair.
    I dont think its that local but she always comes back looking lovely and is extremely pleased with the result.
    I on the otherhand get my hair cut at Toni and Guy academy for £5 by one of the students and am always pleased with the result. It takes at leat 2-3 hours but for £5 I cant complain.
    I went to Toni and Guy ages ago. It was the crappest most expensive cut I've ever had. Hairdresser was an arse - wouldn't stop banging on about himself.

My hairdresser comes to me from Kennington, and I've been with him for about eight years. He's very good at colour and very affordable. Happy to put him in touch with anyone if they want to whisper me.