What's the story with the window front gallery at 80 SGR?

edited February 2010 in Local discussion
Has anyone else noticed it? Just down from Petek, near the dentist, opposite one of the butchers.

The names and number of the women responsible are scribbled on the window too. Katja and ... hmm, I forget.

I'm curious, but not so curious that I'm going to give them a call.

Comments

• edited 7:12PM
    I have seen this, and felt much the same velleity as regards further information.
    That section is looking quite run down at the moment. The old bakery looks terrible and the beauty place looks like it has closed down. Venezia is still shining, though.
    isn't that the needle exchange place?
  • edited February 2010
    Just discovered that's been shut for ages. Maybe it's a kind of community use. I might ask in the laundrette. I'm curious.
    Good grief velleity is a fantastic word. I had to look it up.
    So did I.
    I love OED online: __velleity__ *1. The fact or quality of merely willing, wishing, or desiring, without any effort or advance towards action or realization.* 1618 BP. HALL Contempl., N.T. (1634) 101 Thy word alone, thy beck alone, thy wish alone, yea, the least act of velleity from thee might have wrought this cure. 1662 BAXTER Saints' R. IV. To Rdr. 831 We must distinguish..Between the simple Velleity of the Will, and the choice that followeth the Comparate act of the intellect. 1690 NORRIS Beatitudes (1694) 105 By impotent willing meaning that natural Inclination or Velleity we have to every Good as such. 1768 TUCKER Lt. Nat. (1834) I. 20 Velleity can scarce be called a power, for a power which never operates is no power at all. 1808 BENTHAM Sc. Reform 77 In your Lordship will is volition, clothed and armed with powerin me, it is bare inert velleity. 1838 New Monthly Mag. LII. 110 This singular exuberance of velleity for education must presuppose a corresponding qualification for the task. 1866 LOWELL Study Wind. (1870) 191 Châteaubriand..had the same harmless velleity of self-destruction. 1867 Rousseau Prose Wks. 1890 II. 250 He and all like him mistake emotion for conviction, velleity for resolve.