Council Elections

edited April 2010 in Local discussion
Does anyone know when and where the candidates for local elections are announced? Can't find anything on islington or harginey.gov.uk

Comments

• edited 3:49PM
    Nominations closed today and get officially published Monday, so I'd expect them to appear on council websites on Monday (or possibly Tuesday)
    Thanks Mark. I've got a feeling that the council elections will be more interesting than our two local MP races.
    Council elections will certainly get me mobilised. I don't think there's a worse advert for a Lib Dem council than Islington's. Endless propaganda about common sense on parking - despite daily evidence otherwise, consulting about speed bumps and ignoring the answer, resolutely failing to come up with a coherent plan for its patch of Stroud Green, the failure to hold Arsenal to account for its redevelopment promises, the potholes that make the streets like an off-road experience - and that's by bicycle, closing down useful council services while saying they are improving customer experience. In my mind the list goes on. I'm not sure anyone else would be any different but this lot drive me mad.
  • RegReg
    edited April 2010
    Papa L, agreed. HOWEVER, I am still looking for the PRICK that came leafleting the other week for the Labour party. Having painted my front steps, marked them with a big sign "WET STEPS" and then tried to block access with two brooms, the KNOB decided that the content of the (crap) flier was just too important. Cue a ruined finish and paint footprints on the path. If you come back (zig zag tread in your trainers) you'd better walk-on or I might be temped to put the broom sticks somewhere new. When will these idiots realise that its not your intentions you are measured by, it is your actions? Right now they can all bugger off.
  • edited April 2010
    Reg, look on the brightside. You might just have delivered the best metaphor for the way local authorities and central government are run in this country I've ever read.