volcanic ash

2»

Comments

• edited 1:47PM
    In travel insurance terms, does this all fall under the rarely invoked 'act of god/force majeure' clause that inspired an [awful film](http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268437/), a great quote in [Fargo](http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fargo), but most importantly means people stuck can't claim for getting home?
    I am in an Ibis hotel in central France. The sugar lumps are INDIVIDUALLY wrapped in transparent plastic with corporate branding. I would vote for anyone who made such acts illegal.
  • AliAli
    edited 1:47PM
    Sugar is bad for you so stop using it problem solved if enough people did it ARK You are probably right about suicide and lets hope the system does get changed as it is in the Labour Party Manifesto and it would be the LibDms price. Can help thinking of Spitting Image and how David Steel use to sit in some ones top pocket (can't rmber if it was David Owen ?) anyway I could see him sitting quite nicely in Gordons !
  • edited April 2010
    Sorry to reapeat myself but perhaps someone would like to start an all purpose Election thread for this sort of thing?
    @Ali - the problem is not the sugar but the packaging and the sad and depressing experience of using it.

But I agree it is probably not an election issue
    I'm stuck in the US ... was hanging around in New York, but fortunately I have an American girlfriend ... so now I'm staying with her parents in Kansas
  • @Simon, try clicking your heels together and saying there's no place like home?
    I'm saying that - we made it home very early yesterday morning after epic journey across Italy and France.
    All UK airports to open tonight according to BBC news. Good luck with your journeys Stroud Greenies but I'll miss the unblemished and quiet blue skies.
    The apocalypse is proving far more fragmentary than I thought I would be.
    They often are; you get exceptions, like the Minoans or the Aztecs, but it took Rome centuries to crumble.
    It’s a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait awhile for the dust to settle. I see that America has declared war on Iceland. Apparently they are accusing them of harbouring a “weapon of ash eruption”. It was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe. Iceland goes bankrupt, then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it. Iceland, we wanted your cash, not your ash. Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup. Yes, I know, but it's a no-fly zone. Richard Curtis is working on a new rom-com about people stuck in an airport who fall in love. The working title is "Lava Actually". I came out my house yesterday and was hit on the head by a bag of frozen sausages, a chocolate gateau and some fish fingers. I realised it must be the fallout from Iceland. Volcano in Iceland. What next Earthquake in Asda? Woke this morning to find every surface in the house covered in a layer of dust and a foul stench of sulphur in the air. No change, I’ve been married to that bone-idle slob for 20 years.
    There's volcanic ash on all the cars now.
    That's common or garden London muck. It's just easier to see now it's sunny.
    My parents had an ash-fall in rural Devon a few days ago - really coarse stuff which scratched the windows when they wiped it off, speaking against the suggestion that the no-fly-zone was unnecessary.
    Oooo, it's coming back!
    Glad I didn't decide to 'rebook without additional charge, if flying within 30 days' my cancelled return flights to Porto FOR THIS WEEKEND. Still haven't had my refund for neither flights nor hotel from last time...