Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

St George's Day

edited April 2010 in Local discussion
I always end up celebrating St George's Day out of the area. None of the pubs seem to do anything special in Stroud Green. Why is this? Fearful of an Algerian backlash?

I'd love a bit of morris dancing down Stroud Green.

Comments

• edited 11:21AM
    Oh yes, I'm all for the morris dancing, and a maypole and perhaps a bit of dragon slaying to make the day go with a bang.

The Albion in Islington did something last year, is there anywhere else vaguely nearby that's doing anything?

They're having a bit of a do at Leadenhall Market tomorrow and the annual St George's Day Pageant is down that way too. As it's the same day as Shakespeare's birthday, I believe there's also stuff going on around the Globe theatre.

"The game's afoot. Follow your spirit, and upon this charge. Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!"
    I went to Leadenhall Market last year. Boris was supposed to be there but must have missed him. Had some stalls with ales and cheese. No dragons. Lots of bankers and accountants in suits.
    If there are no dragons and no Boris I'm not going. Although if there's a wide selection of cheese I could be swayed.