Help with parking vouchers

edited April 2010 in General chat
Am in a bit of a panic as my daughter who lives in Lancaster Road and has a dodgy boiler has left it to mother to arrange for someone to replace the boiler on Saturday morning whilst she is away . Suddenly realise parking restrictions means the engineer will have to park elsewhere and lug all the boiler bits and pieces from around the corner. Does anyone have any spare parking permit vouchers I can buy off you. Could only pick them up early on Saturday morning though as I am wont be in the area till Saturday.

Comments

• edited 9:23AM
    Not around Sat morning, but if you whisper me your daughter's address, I can put a couple through the door. :)
  • edited April 2010
    If it doesn't work out with dorothy, and assuming its Finsbury Park zone - we have some you can pick up on Saturday.
    Thank you both - Dorothy left the vouchers and I left the chocolate - hope you go it! The parking restrictions have both good and bad points. A friend who did some plastering for us got a ticket despite having a voucher in his car because he accidentally scratched off only part of the year. The council refused to accept this saying that he did this on purpose so as to reuse the ticket again the following year.Oddly enough I did exactly the same thing as I parked the car from 0830-1230 but accidentally scratched off both from 0830 - whoops! Luckily Dorothy left me 3 tickets and the installers managed to do the job in 4 hours so we managed.
    Thank you both.
    Oh, pain about the ticket. I did get the chocolate, thanks it was yummy.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, I am tight but to save two quid for a daily voucher by ensuring that I am in the same area on the same day next year would be a bit much even for me! I can't believe they are using that as an argument! You should quickly talk to any prospective local councillors before Thursday to complain and see what they think!
  • IanIan
    edited 9:23AM
    Also it wouldn't work as the day of the week of that particular date will be different next year. So the argument would have to be "you might use the ticket again in 6 years" (depending on when the leap year is). That takes real patience to defraud Islington of £3.
    I must say your comment reflect my thoughts entirely. I sent a few letters complaining and phoned Haringey council. I must have spent over half an hour on the phone pointing out the absurdity of someone keeping vouchers for a year so as to use them again at same time the following year. I couldnt believe that the person at the Council could actually believe the stupidity of what was said by them. Needless to say sense didnt prevail - I am sure it is seen as a source of revenue and after a while you just get tired of writing letters and protesting. Dont think I have the energy to take it up with the local councillor.