New Pub?

2»

Comments

• edited 6:44AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Don't we already have one of those, down by the actual railway? Don't want a Blue Posts situation developing. Besides, some mates of mine used extensive pub science to prove that pubs called The Railway (or variant) are always worse than similar pubs not so called.
  • RegReg
    edited 6:44AM
    Drove past last night. It looks terrible.
  • edited June 2010
    Just been passed there it's called The Corner Flag. There were 3 people in inside.
    I live 100 yards from this place. As feared, it looks like exactly like it used to but with a lick of paint and some plasmas. Same old clientele. Irish band played yesterday afternoon. I'll give it a few weeks to bed in before trying although i think the writings on the wall already. Seemed crazy to open it as a pub again in all honesty. And "The Corner Flag"? = Lame
  • AliAli
    How about Tesco Chilean Merlot 12% £1.64 a bottle ! Apparently it is not too bad and less than £20 a case beat that !
    Think it's closed down again. Plasmas gone as have quiz machine and majority of chairs. It was sad seeing it empty all the time after the work they'd done, but the writing was on the wall before it even opened.
    Yup, we made that mistake recently after buying a couple of pints to enjoy in the sunshine. I trotted down to the sandwich shop next to Dragon Vets and we had those with our pints. The staff saw what we'd done and nodded their approval. Good sandwiches too.
    Had a burger and a pint at the Shaftesbury tonight. Came away thinking, what a nice boozer. Food, ambience, Victorian decor and general atmosphere all get four-five stars (out of five), civilised and helpful customers, great music (perhaps a bit sixties/seventies for some), not too loud, and the whole visit topped off by friendly bar staff who not only welcomed us in but shouted goodbye as we left.....nice experience, thanks.
  • JakJak
    Oh the Hanbury Arms.
    I remember going in there in December of . .er . . um . . .
    Well I remember Careless Whisper was in the charts.

I wish I could find a nice pub around here that would like a decent disco , karaoke or even live singers or duo's.

I'm also available for bahmitzvas, office parties and Christmas do's etc.......

;-)
  • Was there a pub called Arthur Simpson opp the Dairy where the ugly flats now are? Someone mentioned it.
  • <P>It was a library, quite similar really, you only borrow beer after all.</P>
  • before that it was the sweet shop that got blown up by doodle bug during WW2
  • Where is the Moray Arms? And what did the N19 used to be called? Thanks. Chang
  • I believe N19 was briefly a gay pub called something like the Purple Chameleon, no idea what it was before that.<br>
  • The Pink Chameleon and The Enterprise before that.
  • This has re-opened, anyone been in there since, have they changed anything?
  • Its better then before and is not a cannabis factory now (improvement?), it's not pretty but it is friendly.