Film Club (and election fiasco distraction)

2»

Comments

• edited 11:31PM
    I don't think I can make it on Wed but am very interested - keep us up to date.
  • lislis
    edited 11:31PM
    hello again all - hope you're still on for meeting up this eve - i'll be in the old dairy without hat, given the weather, but still with bright orange book, at 7. look forward to seeing you then :)
    I've seen 2 films in the last 2 weeks that are very worth of a film club discussion. Moon and Dogtooth - both very different films but incredibly interesting and would be sure to inspire some very good conversation.
  • lislis
    darnit benny - you've nicked my recommendation! i thought moon was a brilliantly put together film. ok you take dogtooth and i'll take moon. see ya later!
    Hi all
    I'd like to come but I help at Brownies on Wednesday's. Let us know how it goes and what you decide on.
    I also managed to sit through Dogtooth to the end, didn't get round to Moon. Speak later.

You need to watch anyone coming from that knitting group, last time I went there, I woke up the next day, fully clothed lying next to a sick bowl.
    I saw dogtooth as well. Odd.
    I'd like to come along tonight too, the club sounds a great idea! See you at 7.
  • lislis
    yay! i won't be sitting on my own like a doofus!
    will be there too!
  • lislis
    hey all - thanks for coming last night - really nice to meet you all. ok for those who were there, and anyone who wants to come on in later, the two films we're going to review this time are:

Moon - on DVD - Amazon has lots new and used at good prices http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_3?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=moon&sprefix=moo

and I Am Love - at the cinema now at http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/films/i-am-love-film-listings-32053.html.

have fun watching and we'll meet up again in two weeks, so Weds 3rd june - suggest OD again unless anyone would like another venue. ta lis
    Thanks Lis, for organising everything. I had a really nice time, looking forward to next time.
    Nancy
  • AliAli
    Moon is the best Sci Fi film since 2001 Space Odyssey
  • edited May 2010
    Oi, opinions are for the pub!
    Oh dear, I was looking forward to Moon but if it's as dull and as shoddy as most of 2001, I'm going to have problems.
    (Exceptions: the Blue Danube sequence, and the 'I'm sorry Dave...' bits are ace. But they don't make up enough of the film to save it)
  • lislis
    hey filmites / filmettes. how's everyone doing? i've rewatched my copy of Moon so have a copy spare if anyone would like to borrow. not managed to organise myself well enough to get to I am Love yet but will try and push back bank holiday weekend lethargy and make the visit this weekend. catch up next weds - anyone else who's interested more than welcome :)
    Hi, I'm not going to make it tomorrow. Have a good evening!
  • lislis
    hmmm - all very quiet on the film front....anyone coming this eve?
    I'll join you Lis, won't be completely on your own, and I've done my homework.
    I'll come along, though I'm afraid I haven't seen IAL yet (going tomorrow...). Have seen Moon though. What time was agreed?
  • lislis
    i guess around 7 again? unfortunately i too didn't make IAL but sure we'll get a review!
  • lislis
    hi there - and what a merry little gathering it was last night - interesting to see how many opinions you can get out of a story - thanks for all who turned up on a lovely sunny evening. so first film/s out of the way, the next episode will be Paths of Glory, and early Kubrick foray which should prove a challenge. link on imdb here
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050825/. Slightly harder to get hold of but copies on amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=paths+of+glory+dvd and a couple on ebay http://dvd-video.shop.ebay.co.uk/DVDs-/2288/i.html?_nkw=paths+of+glory+kubrick&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282 - think maybe we need to do some sharing on this one?
    At a push it is also online if you don't mind Japanese subtitles.
    I've put it as my next film from Love Film, so could pass it on afterwards. I didn't know Kirk Douglas was in it. Looks good.
  • lislis
    hi all - really sorry but not going to be able to make it tonight - has everyone managed to view the film? obviously do go ahead without me, or let me know if you want to meet another time. :) lis
    Don't think I'll be able to make it either. Have to work a bit late and then cycle home from South London. I think quite a few people are away actually. Yes I saw the film, it was interesting.
    Hello film clubbers...are you organising any more gatherings? I'd be keen to come along... thanks!