Mice

124»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 6:30AM
    I've used peppermint oil previously and that's worked, growing it works too, apparently. I prefer not to kill things.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • <span class="Apple-style-span">Has anyone had to deal with rats living in a garden?   </span> <div><br></div><div>I think because I've got two ponds and surrounded by overgrown gardens I've got a lot of rats.  I was hoping the cold weather would kill them off, but no they just kept breeding.   I enjoyed watching the rats after getting over the shock, little baby ones etc, but I didn't like them walking about when I was putting out my washing, leaping out of the compost bin, eating little bits stuck by the drains.    I finally put poison down, but i<span class="Apple-style-span">t seems very indiscriminate.   The rats drag the bait all over the place.  They seem to love the stuff, I saw a whole family eating it all up together, then they came back straight away, when I re-filled the trays.   I wonder if squirrels or birds eat it as well?   </span><div><span class="Apple-style-span"><br></span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span">Just waiting for the bodies now.  Yuk.</span></div></div>
  • we get rats because of Parkland Walk. Industrial strength poison really is the best answer I'm afraid. I used Denis (who's mentioned here somewhere about rats and mice) and he put down the stuff professionals are allowed to use. The stuff from homebase etc is frankly useless and lots of the rats are pretty immune to it. I'd recommend getting them dealt with - Wells disease etc is very very unpleasant<br>
  • The problem with poison (besides general cruelty) is that you never know where they're going to die. I came home last week to find a dead mouse on the carpet. We haven't been putting down poison, but I think the neighbours did. They killed him, but he died in our flat. Not a nice thing to come home to.<br>