Finsbury Park was beautiful this evening

edited May 2010 in Local discussion
Walked through the park on my way home from work. It was so lovely at about 7pm, I just decided to sit down on the grass for a bit. It was so relaxing. If you haven't been recently in the evening, I really recommend it.

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 11:41PM
    I walk to and from the station through the park - this sounds sad, but it's one of the best bits of my day. I love the fact that it's so well used in the evening - oddly uplifting to see people playing tennis, skating and just hanging about outside.
  • edited 11:41PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The park is beautiful tonight too, just around sunset. I love that hour or so of magical light we get in the evening at this time of year. It feels like witching hour - gorgeous.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I was walking down to Highbury Corner yesterday evening and the skies to the West were like skies in a good dream. I love summer's twilight.
    Yes, the pinky blue sky was glorious, the pattern of the clouds over the park looked like the feathers on a bird's breast.
    I was about to say I hope everyone was enjoying the mackerel skies over west, then I saw this thread. Best seen from that bit of the Parkland Walk where it opens out, towards the actual park
    I had a stroll through the park today and noticed that the big weeping willow tree at the New River gate has been murdered and taken away. The heron was there today, standing on the stump looking bewildered.
    It was probably causing alleged subsidence to the houses across the road, and never mind all the lorries rattling past them at speed.
    Thats a real pity, that tree was a beauty.
  • <p>The park was lovely today. Full of people enjoying themselves, every single sports pitch was being used and the wildlife was out in full force. There was a glorious sunset and all the spring flowers were out - glorious!</p><p>And on the way home there was an actual, real live 'pinky blue sky'</p>
  • I was on the roof park, but I love Finsbury Park, too. Love walking through it. It's getting warmer and I'm looking foward to sit in the park, reading or writing.<br>