Vintage Games Arcade

edited July 2010 in General chat
Does anyone know if such a thing exists, either in London, or elsewhere... Shinobi / Wonderboy / Ghosts 'n' Goblins / Tempest / Double Dragon etc etc.....

Comments

• edited 8:52PM
    Barcade in Brooklyn has just what you're looking for, and a great selection of beers.
    That's exactly the thing! If anyone knows of similar in London or UK, please post.
  • woowoo
    edited 8:52PM
    Juno in Shoreditch..?
    ever heard of Mame32, I know is not the same as playing in the arcade, but I have all those game and 100s more and just play them on the computer (without slotting money in, which makes me feel shit for all the money I had spent in those days)
    I might even be able to email everything to you, don't think is such a big file.
    Ah Ariela Ice Cream lady! Where are you these days? perfect icecream weather isn't it? Yes, think we are going down the emulator route and cabling it up to the telly with some joysticks. Thanks.
  • The trocadero at least used to have a small section with some vintage games tucked away round the back on the ground floor (the bit that's all painted red), not sure if they're still there though.

London definitely needs a barcade, it's good business too I'm surprised nobody has opened one already.
    if you need any ROMS let me know cause i do have loads and they are easily sent.
    I am doing fine thank you very much, I don't even live around there anymore, so feel like I shouldn't even comment on this site...but when I saw "vintage games" i couldn't resist.
    we are only doing wholesale now and are supplying all over london and surroundings, we have been doing better than great since we were blessed by being kicked out of Pappagone, everything happens for a reason and thank God what seemed a tragedy at the time turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
    Good to hear, ariela. Where are you supplying? Anywhere local? (another stroudgreen switchback, from vintage arcades to ice-creams)
    @Beek
    This is on tomorrow...
    http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/retro-games-arcade-at-future-gallery-article-9945.html