Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Advice on electrics

edited July 2010 in Local discussion
My daughter who lives in an upstairs flat has found that her bedroom, stairs and bathroom lights have stopped working not all at the same time but over the last three months. Have tried changing bulbs and checking fuses. Not sure if anything is wrong but wonder if anyone can recomend an electrician who doesnt charge the earth who would check things out for her. It could be something extremely simple that we hadnt thought of, so didnt want to pay a fortune to be told the obvious.

Thanks, from a worried mother

Comments

• edited 6:22PM
    I had a similar problem in my old flat. It turned out to be a problem with the circuits running under the floor. The electrician had to identify the section that was causing the problem, which took him ages because he had to keep isolating different sections to pinpoint the bit he needed to replace. Because it was an hourly rate, I ended up being charged hundreds of pounds for the work. Another thing it might be is mice or rats gnawing through the wiring in the loft or attic.