Can anyone recommend a builder/odd job man

edited August 2010 in Local discussion
Want to turn the small brick built bin holder in the front garden into a bicycle store - can anyone recommend someone who does small jobs like this? Would entail enlarging and putting sturdy doors on the front.

Comments

• edited 6:30PM
    thanks for that will give him a ring!
    Herta,

I'd like to do something similar, did you get any god reccomendations? If so can you pass any on?
    I'm very keen on Zeus.
    @Arkady
    Doesn't his habit of hurling thunderbolts put you off?
    @miss annie I like his honesty and directness. There's no fucking about with Zeus. He's either smiting you with lightening or begatting quasi-mortal offspring with naive Hellenic maidens. Contrast that with the invidious celestial dictator of your popular patriachal religions. Sure he also knocked up a maiden, but he didn't even bother with the fun bit - it makes me distinctly suspicious. Also he seems pretty insistent on some really rubbish, counter-intuitive and sometimes plainly cruel rules. It's almost as if The-Lord-Who-Is-Our-Shepherd was just the invention of the fearful and parochial bronze age goat-herders who first subjected themselves to his divine writ. A
    @Arkady
    I think of The-Lord-Who-Is-Our-Shepherd as a sort of Wizard of Oz figure, all a lot of smoke and mirrors.
    Yes I agree, Zeus and his homeboys/girls are what you want from your deities, plenty of sex, drama, familial bust ups, glamour, violence and intrigue. And fashion forward footwear.
    Gladiator sandals beat Jesus creepers?
    Hands down! For ladies at least.
    I too am looking for a good, reliable bricklayer ... someone who can take down a small brick outhouse (ex coal-shed) and tidy up some brick garden walls.

Suggestions ... please?