Mass debate

edited August 2010 in Local discussion
This is what a Tory MP called for just now (8.25am), re council house tenants. Her government are in favour of short term contracts, but, having lived in council housing herself for 25 years, before presumably becoming wealthy enough to buy a place, she has some residual loyalty to the community of her youth.... and recommends Right To Buy! Great. She recognises that turfing the poor out on to the street won't wash, but depleting the social housing stock yet further with RTB (again) would be just fine. She calls for a 'mass debate', and I must say I agree. Let's tell Cameron and co what we think of their treatment of the poor. Mass debate? It does indeed all seem a bit of a Jodrell, to me too.

Comments

• edited 6:38AM
    Heard the same interview: she made no sense whatsoever.

Not sure how soggy biscuits will help anything.
    Philistine explained the soggy biscuit reference to me this afternoon. Well well. I remember someone eating a large moth at my boarding school, but this 'game' rather... takes the biscuit, if you see what I mean.

Mass debate - get it? Obvious, really. I like that very silly, ISIHAC sort of double meaning. I heard another yesterday, on a programme about seabirds. I'm saving it for Commissar17. If he's at all interested in birds, I guess his favourite could be the common tern. Sorry, Steve!
    Ha - soggy biscuit! Often talked about - never practiced, thankfully. It would make for an interesting PMQ session though.