Good for Food

PruPru
edited August 2010 in Reviews
Did you know that Helena is now opening Good for Food (in Blackstock Road) in the evenings too? She's had a full kitchen fitted in the old store room and now has a chef cooking on site on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
This is a real milestone as originally she wasn't allowed to cook anything more than toasties on site under the terms of her lease.

We went there on Saturday evening - the opening night - and had a great time. Very good menu: about 4 starters, 5 main courses, and 3 desserts which all sounded great. We had little salt cod fish cakes to start which were perfect. One sea bass with fennel and one chicken with chorizo and lentils as mains: really tasty. Gooseberry mess for pudding was very good too.

It's BYO, which is perfect as it helps to keep the cost down.
New paintings in there by local artist and GFF regular which I loved too.
Recommended.

Comments

• edited 6:37PM
    And she promised to reconsider the size of the portions. Leaving £25 for food only I expect to be kind of full, which was not the thing on Saturday evening.
    @Janez - that's my only criticism of that place. Great food, but a lot for the quantity.
  • PruPru
    edited 6:37PM
    Went there for lunch today, and now with the new chef they're doing hot midday meals too. Today a pasta dish for £5 and another for £6. Freshly cooked to order: seems quite reasonable to me!
    Helena said - Helena did. The food have virtually no space to grow in terms of taste, and it got reasonably larger in volume. Looks like I have a new number one choice of place to meet up with friends.
    The place for too small for that kind of business.
    I believe they reverted back to being just a cafe.