How to find part-time / occasional help in SG

We are sometimes looking for part-time help (e.g. couple of days a month book-keeping, bits of writing for the web, web/graphic design, etc) and I'm sure there must be superqualified stroudgreenians (or even crouchendites) who would fit right in and enjoy the flexible hours, not having to get on the tube, etc. The JobCentre has been useless at this (of course). Craigslist is a bit suspect and not very local. Gumtree ditto. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to look/advertise/etc?

Comments

• edited 10:56AM
    Maybe a small ad in the libraries? That's where I spent a lot of my time when I was last looking for work/part-time stuff.

You'd maybe get someone who's keen to get more experience at the things you need, is local, affordable and they get to help themselves into more stable employment. Win-win.

[To clarify, are you looking for one person with all these skills to call on semi-regularly?]
    ps., out of interest what writing and web stuff are you looking for? May be interested, whisper if you prefer.

<a href="http://forums.freelanceuk.com/copywriting-forum/">copywriters forum</a>, though these folk would probably like to work remotely.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi John

I've also sent you a private message, offering my assistance, and brief details of my suitability and telephone contact details. Alternatively you can contact me on chromogenik@gmail.com

My source of income is as a freelance photographer, but I'm keen to supplement this with other interesting work.

I have a range of skills that I think would be able to add value for you - gained from my previous career as a Sales Manager at HSBC, and hobbies in magazine creation (layout, design and content), website tweaking, writing music articles and photography.

I live locally - Moray Road N4 - and usually have at least 1 to2 days free each week.

Cheers

Nik
  • Bringing this back up to the top again as it worked so nicely last time and we need another person or so again now. Whisper me or post here if you're superqualified/underemployed and local.
  • Hi john-of-the-jungle - I've whispered you. Best, Yvette.