children's entertainers

edited September 2010 in Local discussion
Now, I usually think clowns are a bit dodgy and face painting should be banned. But I've changed my mind!

With the suppport of Universal films and Odeon cinemas, I'm planning a film preview screening of a new 3D animation "Despicable Me" (PG) on (most likely) Sunday 10th October, at about 11am at Odeon Covent Garden. It's a fundraising event for the family mental health charity I work for; Family Action.

Genral release date is 15th October, and exisitng and new supporters pay a bit more than usual to see it first.

I would like to add value to the whole experience to our supporters by having some informal entertainment going on for families as they arrive. I'm thinking face painters, clowns, jugglers, magicians, ballon twisters, wee Jimmy Krankie...

Can anyone help please? I know someone mentionned doing face painting on another thread. Miss Annie? Donna W?

Oh yes, I don't really have a budget! But please get in touch and we can discuss. You could for example distribute flyers or business cards in the goody bags.

Cheers.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 5:17AM
    Yes, it's me. I've whispered my contact details.

If anyone else needs a face painter for childrens parties, I do all the usual designs - tigers, fairies, butterflies, pirates, spiderman, mermaids etc. I also do (painted) tattoos and glitter tattoos for older children/teenagers. I'm CRB checked too and have worked on events for lots of corporate and private clients. Discounted rates for SG'ers of course...
    @missisclack
    A word of advice - don't go for clowns, most children (and quite a few adults) will run a mile at the very sight of a clown.
    I saw a trailer for Despicable Me before Toy Story - it looked pretty good.
    @miss annie - not all clowns dress up, some wear normal clothes
    @dion
    I quite often meet people wearing normal clothes that are complete clowns.
    Thanks Miss Annie.

Wee Jimmy Krankie was neither normal nor a clown and s/he didn't scare off too many kiddies. Mind you, it was the very early eighties. (And I'm still facinated by the totally wrong incarnation of a school boy. What possessed them?)

BTW, you will all be invited to buy tickets to come to the show! £15 adults and £10 children . Not bad for a 3D blockbuster preview. And it's all for charideeeee.