Sugar Lounge

2»

Comments

• edited 7:52PM
    Thank you twinspark for the information and I hope it's not neccessary. The crowds outside issue has got better although they seem to be pumping out louder music than before late into the night and it is not soundproofed. Something all bars that have loud music should have, with air conditioning so that the doors and windows can be closed. Everyone's happy then!

Emma, I have written some late night rants. I think it was pent up anger due to the way things went down over the summer, but it is a forum. I admit I could have pruned some of posts. However, there have been many replies so it is an issue.

I do think noise is an important issue. I have worked in bars in the past, as a barman and cook, and as a customer I have frequented many a bar, gig venue and club. A bar can survive without annoying its neighbours by forward thinking - bringing in chairs and tables late at night, sound proofing, having a doorperson who asks loud and violent customers to come inside or to go away.
  • AliAli
    edited 7:52PM
    Post Midnight last night is was pretty empty inside and then music was load with the door wide open. People were outside smoking. The tables and chairs were stackd up but people used them to sit on. Didn't seem overaly noisy to me
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 7:52PM
    As I said 'the crowds outside isssue' has got better. My intuition sugested that Bee was away as the music has got louder. They do need to shut their door at night, and seal off the noise. It wasn't that loud but still very noticeable. Noise travels.

Well, i look forward to Bee coming back. She really needs to have a word with her staff, especially with that cocky south african/australian guy who seems to just want to be one of the boys. I thought the music was his choice as he went on about going to the Ministry of Sound one night for all the street to know.

Despite the noise I do think that Sugar Lounge should try to develop an identity. It seems to be trying to just make money. What is it? Trying to cater just for the late night drinkers? Once a bar plays generic house/techno at a loud volume it attracts a generic crowd. It would be nice to see bars on SGR being a bit different, showing their individual side!