SNT Ward Consultation

edited October 2010 in Local discussion
Stroud Green SNT are doing their regular ward consultation and like last time, we've turned it into an online survey for people to fill in if they want to contribute. We'll leave it up for a week or so and then send it over. More details and survey here: <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9J88NLM>;

Comments

• edited 1:17PM
    7 so far. Any more?
    Does Stroud Green SNT cover both the Haringey and Islington sides of the road?
  • Papa L, no we only cover the Haringey side. There are similar teams on Islington side, Finsbury SNT & Tollington SNT.

Thanks to anyone who has completed this survey, we will use the results with our other consultations and these will help us decide our priorities for the next 6 months.

We do try to monitor this site as and when we can but if anyone needs to contact us they can on 0208 721 2837 or e-mail StroudGreen.SNT@Met.Police.uk

Thanks again,
    Sgt Bob Stevenson
    In that case there is no point me filling in your survey, as I live in Islington, but with the greatest respect this situation is bonkers. May I humbly suggest that it might be an idea for the SNT teams to join up and cover both sides of the road. I'm not sure criminals, muggers and tearaways pay too much attention to an arbitary borough line. Just a thought.
    Yeah, but wherever a given team's boundaries are defined as being, there are going to be criminals (and indeed law-abiding citizens) who live right by that boundary and will consider the split absurd. So long as there are good contacts with adjacent teams, and no areas which aren't in either jurisdiction, that's the best you can do - unless you go for areas so broad that the whole neighbourhood aspect is lost.
    I thought the crims do pay attention to geographical boundaries. Don't they have "territories" or "manors".
    Gangs do, but not all crime is gang-related.
    ADGS, I agree, there will always be boundaries and you always have to end somewhere. However, as discussions on this website support Stroud Green is a neighbourhood that falls across a borough boundary. It would make far more sense to have a team that covered an area centred on Stroud Green Road, not running up to halfway across the main thoroughfare through the neighbourhood. Perhaps it's just me but the current situation appears to defy all logic.
    This is a website centred around one of those boundaries, though. I'm sure there are people either side of Hornsey Road who'd be baffled if redrawn boundaries made them the border, ditto Green Lanes in the other direction.
    Oh man, are we going to start debating where Stroud Green starts and ends again?
    That's my favourite perennial chat.
    Good point ADGS on the Hornsey Road thing, although in my Stroud Green Road centric mind, Hornsey Road makes a more sensible border as it's less of a centre of a neighbourhood - the people to the SG side would associate themselves with Stroud Green while the people to the other side would associate themselves with the Holloway Road. But I categorically do not want to end up in a where is Stroud Green starting and ending discussion, so might shut up now.
    Papa L, you just partitioned Tollington like it's Poland in the 18th century.
    They love it, the Tollington slags.
    Ah but things move with the times. I appreciate Tollington's long and illustrious history but it's all about Stroud Green Road nowadays. No one really wants to hang out on Hornsey Road and I reckon those to the west of it use the Holloway Road to Seven Sisters as their centre and those to the east Stroud Green Road. Borders should be fluid - flexibility prevents wars. Hornsey Road is just a road not a centre. I blame the council. And Gordon Brown. And Margaret Thatcher.