Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

SNT Consultation Results / Stroud Green CleanSweep (13th November)

edited November 2010 in Local discussion
I went to the Safer Neighbourhood Team meeting this evening to hear about the results of the SNT consultation we contributed to. Here is what I wrote down: **SNT Priorities** The results of the consultation were similar to the SNT's views on what needs to be done. So the priorities for the SNT in next 6 months are going to be 1. vehicle crime 2. burglary and 3. drugs. In general, crime in the area is pretty low compared to the rest of Haringey (we saw stats and everything). **Immobilise** They also want people to register their nickable stuff on <http://www.immobilise.com>. This not only helps you get your stuff back, but it helps them charge people. Often, because the police can't establish the owner of a stolen thing (like a satnav), they not only can't charge a thief, they have to return the satnav as well. **Stroud Green Road Clean Sweep Week** Bob from Haringey Council told us about the "Stroud Green Road Clean Sweep" taking place from 13-19th November. The three big things were: 1. A **'clean up Parkland Walk'** event starting at 10am on the Upper Tollington entrance on Saturday 13th. 2. The **free skips** are back for one day only. 10-1pm on Saturday 13th at the corner of Albert Road and SGR. No white goods. 3. They're doing a **big street cleaning push**, focussed on Stroud Green Road. Then they made me tell them about stroudgreen.org. That was it.

Comments