Piano keyboard wanted

edited November 2010 in Classifieds
Is anyone selling their piano keyboard? Or know where I can buy one locally?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Are you thinking of an actual piano or more the electric kind? I have an electric/digital piano in a friend's loft that I haven't been using for years due to the size of my current habitation. If you like I can sell it to you. It's a Yamaha Clavinova, with a bit of a corpus at the back and the usual fancy add-ons (rubbish drum computer, auto-accompaniment, a diskette slot (!) etc.). But the keyboard has good attack and is very decent for practising.
  • edited 6:07AM
    I was thinking of the electric kind and it's just for a beginner to practice on. How much would you sell it for?
    I bought it (used, but in mint condition) for £500 about two years ago and have used it exactly zero times since, so I would probably not want to go below £400. It would need to be picked up from Croydon, do you have facilities for that? If not, I could probably arrange something, but perhaps not straight away. As I said, the attack is quite acceptable, but I haven't as yet played on an electric piano that comes anywhere near the attack of a real piano, and I think that as a beginner you can really ruin your technique by starting on an electric piano, especially when your friend intends to play some more 'pianistic' repertoire at some stage. It's a bit like the difference between tennis and badminton racquets. I suppose it depends on how seriously the piano playing is being taken, Goodbye Norma Jean will go well on it.
    The RSPCA charity shop, top of Blackstock Road has a Yamaha DJX with stand for £60 ...