Sorting out the Events Calendar

edited November 2010 in About this site
A few people have said that the calendar doesn't get used and we often forget to update it. This is fair enough. My best suggestion is to make the calendar accessible to people who want to edit or create stuff. So I'm particularly thinking about the Book Group, Knitting Drinkers but I'll open it up to anyone who wants to make use of it.

1. You will need a google account, or google apps account.
2. Email stroudgreen@gmail.com with your username and a one-liner about what you need it for.
3. We'll set you up with editing privileges to the calendar and it'll all go from there.

Comments

• edited 3:10PM
    That's great Andy, thanks. I hope that people join in, there must be lots going on that we'd all be interested in. I'll sign myself up with a google account.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2011
    Andy very kindly set me up with editing privileges for the calendar as promised and I've added Book Club meetings to it. It looked rather lonely on its own so I've also added Knitting/Drinking club through to March. It would be splendid if others would add other events as they come along. Maybe the library would like to add events HelenM ?
    I joined Stroud Green dot org with a view to publicising fair trade events
    I requested my event go on the calendar - nothing happenned
    I also did a post about it which didn't come up in the weekly digest
    so I'm puzzled????
    In the first post Andy has explained how it's possible to add events to the calendar. I think it's usually the threads that generate the most comments that make the weekly digest. Andy or David would be able to tell you for sure.
    Hello PPFT If you have a Gmail calendar, if you invite 'stroudgreen@gmail.com' to an event it should appear automatically. I think you also emailed the details, but I've been on holiday - so probably missed it, sorry. The mailout picks the last handful of live threads and does it all automatically, so it's not guaranteed what goes in there. It's more of a reminder to encourage people to visit the site.