Cant find the thread what is the new restaurant on Blackstock Road

edited November 2010 in Local discussion
Hi there,

I can't find the thread, what is the name of the new restaurant on Blackstock road that was mentioned here? It sounded good. Im looking to go there this week.

Any other good ones other than Dotori, Patek, GFF?

Thanks.

Bridget

Comments

• edited 8:50AM
    Juniper or Garufa? Neither are particularly new. Garufa is great for red meat. I've not eaten at Juniper. I'm hearing good reports back about <http://www.trullorestaurant.com/>. Bookings required weeks in advance.
    Little Sardegna?
    Garufa is very good indeed for red meat.
  • <SPAN>We've visited this friendly restaurant quite a few times since its opening a couple of years ago as it's local, we are very fond of its other stable restaurants in the area and have always been impressed by the food. They have enlarged the cover area and enhanced the ambience considerably at the end of last year . You get the feeling of eating in a local Italian/Sardinian restaurant not least by the steady stream of Italians visiting, so you know it must be good! Their menu is filled with Sardinian staples - pasta and gnocci but look to the specials on the wall blackboards for the real treats - pumpkin tortelloni with pistachios, sage and butter sauce and a spicy soft sausage - a perfect combination; linguine with chilli and crab. The starters range from classic to inspired - the swordfish carpaccio is a favourite of ours. The cheeses ( smoked ricotta, blue cheese and pecorino) are served with the most delicious homemade chilli jam and honey. There's a great selection of classic Italian wines but try the Sardinian wines - the Cannonau grapes dominate,soft full fragrant wines, I'm talking red of course! - are wonderful. Prices are a good ranging from £16 upwards - but if you can make the leap to £32 I would highly recommend the Simmaco Isola dei Nuraghi 2005 - on a very special occasion we had a second bottle...</SPAN>
  • We ate at Juniper recently.  Excellent fresh fish menu that changes daily according to what the chef buys at market.  They also do some red meat and some veggie dishes.  <br><br>Really nice restaurant, I'd happily eat there again.<br>
  • Thebobs, which is the one you refer to - j or G? Can I ask if it would beva good place to book for Valentines? Thanks Chang
  • One more upvote for Juniper and its fish. <div>Nice place for breakfasts as well. </div>