V for Vitor! Yes - SG star barber goes solo in Tollington!

V for Vitor! Yes - SG star barber goes solo in Tollington!

‘anything for the weekend?’

Good news for smart Stroud Greeners!! One of N London’s best and friendliest barbers is setting up on his own in the throbbing heart of ‘da Green’.

Hurray! Vitor, the unassuming Portuguese star of the odd ball shop ‘Chaps and Dames’ in Tollington Park, has justopened the doors of his own barber shop . It’s on the same street – just down before the merry Park Tavern at ? 164 Tollington Park Road, N4 3AJ at the legendary SG ‘Nandos’ crossroads. I warmly recommend you make a visit to give your ‘barnet’ a new year treat and turn a few heads outside Tescos (easy) or the Dairy (a bit more of a challenge, I admit).

Go on, you know you’re ‘werrf it’ (!!)

Vitor has cut the hair of my whole family from 4 year old tot to grinning granny and all the fussy kids, teenagers and glamour-puss wife in between. We all have him to thank for keeping us smart and cheerful . A nicer guy and more modest bloke you could not wish to meet, and anyone will tell you he is a really strong, technically excellent, hair dresser/barber at a very reasonable price. In fact I am told several slick Hornsey Road policemen make a bee-line to him for very arresting hair cuts – not to mention the most fashionable kids at IAMS school, and the dapper manager of Christopher Charles Estate Agents!! My GQ-styled brother from the US came and went there and said (quote) ‘He may sport a Kojak cut, but boy, that dude can cut hair’. So, there you have it.

Vitor was, of course, the star and humming mainstay of ‘Chaps and Dames’ which started as an arty barbers and lost its way somewhat with a bizarre mix of dusty merchandise, blaring TVs and often a barky dog (and sometimes barky owner, it has been alleged). Thank goodness Vitor is now able to shine in his own gaff without these distractions. Discerning Stroud Greeners - please go and support this excellent local barber.

I would not normally write such a rave review but, at this difficult economic time, I really think this classy clipper deserves to succeed with his terrific tonsorial business and you could be the ones to help him turn a close shave into a permanent wave.

C’mon, say it: V for Vitor!!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Edit: I have changed my mind!
  • edited 1:24PM
    Vitor is highly recommended hair-wise.
    Tollington Tom, did you go to Neasden University Media School and get a diploma in self promotion? It shows.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IanIan
    edited 1:24PM
    Andy - you might want to re-categorise these as local business commercials...
    I have no shares in V for Vitor I promise you. I only wish I did . I could retire by the time of the royal wedding !!

The Neasden slur is self explosive Good luck.

Misscara - time to update the beehive perhaps ? !

Folks - keep an SG not CE view of these things purlease.

C'mon say it : V for Vitor !
    @TollingtonTom Being rude is not going to help your cause. If you take the time to read what members write on this forum you will see that the view is almost exclusively SGcentric. Apart from the top celeb spot thread which roams London wide. Oh, and Misscara has a splendid 'do which needs no updating and is the envy of many SG ladies.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Beehives are back - look at Amy Winehouse - apparently a major star and style icon. But whatever your 'look' folk (and I'm guessing there are some real treats out there in N4-land) the important (indeed only) point of my initial note, is to celebrate local talent and fledgling enterprise.

Hurray

TT

TT
    Wow. Talk about screwing up online publicity... Not sure Vitor's going to thank you for that one Tom.
    People can be oddly forgiving about these things - like how Spider-Man never seemed to complain to Peter Parker about the latter's photos illustrating anti-Spidey stories in the Daily Bugle.
    I usually get my hair cut at one of those Mr Toppers places on Tottenham Court road as I work not that far from there. After all the publicity over the last few days, which has been very eccentric and entertaining I might try out Vitors as I didn't get a very good job done on my hair last time.
    I'd happily support Vitor, except for the fact he gave me a rubbish haircut a few years ago. Sorry mate :(
    He gave me a rubbish cut too. I gave him a second chance, I didn't like it the second time either. And the price varied wildly.

But good luck to Vitor! I'm sure that Paul (is that his name, the annoying owener of Chaps and Dames?) is cross with him however.
    Salon wars!!!
    @kreuzkav although I said Vitor gave me a rubbish haircut, no haircut will EVER be as bad as that one I had at Mr Toppers a couple of years ago. I had some aussie girl who I'm sure only had experience of sheering sheep.
    I am so happy that Vitor has made the brave move to go alone and start his own business. The fact that he has got his store up and running within one week, on limited resources, is to be admired and demonstrates how those with entrepreneurial zeal can make a go of things.

I for one, wish him the very best and will support him by continuing to use him as a my local hairdresser of choice.

I hope others do too.
    I like anyone with any kind of zeal.
  • AliAli
    edited 1:24PM
    There must be more Barber shops than Pizzerias !
    Now that it's been said I realise that my salon of choice is Met's, for the total absence of zeal!
    The missus has one in the bedroom. Its not a real one though.
    A pizzeria or a barber's?
    I'm more of a veal man. Mmmm, veal.
    A zeal. arf arf
    I note dkinnear's account was created in 2009, yet this is his/her first comment. It must have been some damn fine haircuts to prompt the breaking of that long a silence.
    Have we acquired a new medi?

at leasthe doesn;t copy and paste pre-qritten paragrpahs into posts right next to each other.
    Good point ADGS.

I just think decent people, who work hard, deserve all the support they can get.

Vitor has been a star performer, proving to be the main draw at Chaps & Dames. Having had hair cuts in fancier places, I'm happy to have a competent hairdresser in the area who can work with scissors and not just an electric shaver.

Of course Vitor will not be for everyone, but that's the beauty of living in London where one is surrounded by choice.

For me, I'll continue with the choice that I've made.
    This is getting surreal.

p.s. apologies fo rmy spelling, it was an unintended tribute.
    I don't think I've ever been to a hairdresser or barber who only used shaver and couldn't work with scissors. dkinnear, have all your other haircuts been in gaol or the Armed Forces?