Stroud Green doctors surgeries

edited January 2011 in Local discussion
I just moved to Stroud Green Road, I need to register with a doctor, can anyone recommend their GP to me? I can't find any on the NHS website that have more than 2 GPs at the practice. I want a big one with like, an asthma nurse, and walk in clinics etc. A friend of mine told me that the Stroud Green Medical Clinic is like being in a queue at Argos on a Saturday. Any advice?

Comments

• edited 11:41AM
    There are some good threads about this if you use the search function, Lizzie. There are definitely some surgeries it's best to avoid.
    Thanks! I am going to try 157 as they all look horrible, at least I only have to walk across the road and not up a hill to see a crap doctor.
    Queenswood Practice in Crouch End (Park Road) is big and brand new. Its supposed to be one of the latest in primary care and have about 8 GPs as well as walk-in, physio etc.
    I've been using Hanley Road, who have been fine.
    An update on the Stroud Green Medical Centre.

I saw a locum there the other day and he was terrible. The worst 'manner' I have ever experienced. He was on his mobile phone when I walked in, he continued his phone conversation for several minutes while I just sat there (he didn't even acknowledge me or apologise). He didn't listen - just focused on the one line of description I had given the receptionist - didn't find out anything further about my symptoms, was rude, terse in the extreme and I'm extremely glad he's not my usual doctor. Be warned if you have to see a doctor there while the usual doc is away.
    Small point but Hanley Road doesn't (or at least didn't) do the travel vaccinations that everyone is entitled to on the NHS (I don't remember which ones these are I'm afraid). We were told that although it was our entitlement, we'd have to pay for them privately if we were to remain registered at Hanley Road.

Also, they seemed to have trouble keeping staff when I was there - several locums and the first doctor I saw only seemed to last a few months. I didn't take this to be a good sign though may have been a coincidence.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hanley Road wouldn't take me because I'm Haringey and they only take Islington. I did some ringing around this morning and it seemed my only two options were SGMC or 157. Just have to hope I only ever need repeat prescriptions and nothing goes seriously wrong with me in the near future.... :S
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    How about Queenswood Medical Practice up on Park Road - short hop on the bus?
    Is it possible that 157 Medical Practice (Dr Ramnani's surgery) is closed on a Monday?! That's what the website seems to say. I need an emergency appointment and don't relish the thought of dragging myself to a drop in centre.
    OK, scratch that, they *are* open. Strange.
    157 is fine, the guy on reception is mega friendly every time I go and the dr nubi is a dude.
    Had a couple in recent years, but have just joined the Vale Practice on Park Road in CE. They're ace!
    @N2n4 - I don't use Dr Nubi's surgery, I use Dr Ramnani's. There are 2 practices in the same building. I had my emergency appointment yesterday in the end, only had to wait 1h15 to be seen...

The reception staff there are brilliant, I think, really interested and helpful.
  • AliAli
    edited 11:41AM
    I have found Nubi grumpy and stuck in his ways and not that helpful Dr Brisco seems okay, and no extended waiting
    Don't whatever you do let 157 palm you off with Dr Dabrika, worst doctor in the world who hasn't a clue about anything.
    @Sevlow, from my experiences with him I would agree 100%. Dr Shimizu is my favoured doctor.
    @Emma he doesn't listen to a word you are saying, better of self diagnosing on the internet rather than listen to anything he has to say. Suppose it says it all that you can get an appointment with him straight away.