Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Old Curiosity Cafe

edited February 2011 in Local discussion
I've been sent this about an event on this saturday: **The Old Curiosity Café** Saturday 12th of February from 9:30AM to 4:30PM Stroud Green Library-Stapleton Hall Road, N4 The Stroud Green Library is the venue for a new take on Dickens on Saturdays in February starting on Saturday 12th.The Old Curiosity Café will open from 9:30 to 4:30PM offering a range of drinks and homemade cakes. Reasonably priced antiques and collectables sourced from our neighbourhood will be on display. We will gladly assist you in selling your own unwanted items for a small fee. Alternatively, you can also rent a table space for £5 and sell directly. If you have any items you think might be suitable for sale please contact: Guido : guido@stanlake.co.uk Mobile : 0795 6274 300 or if you are interested in helping in the Café or making biscuits ,cakes or other items please contact : David : david.learmont@gmail.com Mobile : 07758 363 770 We are very much looking forward to seeing you and making this event a real success and a sustainable venue for our community!

Comments

• edited 11:37AM
    This sounds splendid, thank you for letting us know Andy. Sadly I won't be able to go this week but if it's going to be a regular thing I'll go next time, I love a bit of bric a brac and if there's tea and cake too all the better. Is anyone here having a table?
    Just to let everybody know that the event posted by Andy (Old Curiosity Cafe') will also run on Feb 19th (this Saturday) and the following Saturday, Feb 26th, 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM. The organisers and the library are trying to evaluate if this is a viable option, and if it can earn some (much needed) cash for the library, without bankrupting the organisers.
    You can still get in touch if you wish to sell, rather than browse and eat some cake!
    Last chance to visit the Old Curiosity Cafe tomorrow! despite the rain, last Saturday was still quite successful, and the cream tea delicious and a good deal at £ 2.50 for tea with two home made scones, cream and jam. The future of this venture is uncertain, so do not miss it tomorrow.