Incident on Stapleton Hall Road

IanIan
edited March 2011 in Local discussion
Anyone know what was going down this evening? Police blocked road, police tape up and all the buses stopped and emptied by the bridge at the bottom of Ferme Park Rd.

Comments

• edited 5:20AM
    I saw it was closed off when nipping to Londis, its open again now. An ambulance was outside the garage but dont know what happend.
    Looked like a car turning right out of Florence Road pulled out in front of a motorcyclist going south on SHR. From what I could see walking by on the other side of the road, the motorcyclist was talking with the police but was (sensibly) staying on the ground with helmet on until an ambulance arrived. I hope he's OK, it looked like a pretty hard impact with the car. As he'd been thrown some way from the accident, there was no way for traffic to get past. Two buses in each direction were stuck before police blocked off the ends of the road so presumably they just have to let passengers off and wait rather than try to turn around.
    That explains the trashed bike I saw this morning. The sight lines on that junction are pretty poor. The cars that park at the right side of the junction completely obscure the traffic, which comes screaming round the corner from FPR.
    Douglas Alexander parks his car there when he drops his kids off at school. Maybe he was the culprit. I see him quite often in the mornings. I have contemplated asking for a lift to Westminster. Would that be cheaky, or is it covered by my taxes?
    You should definitely ask him. I'm sure he'd enjoy the company.
    Surely he doesn't drive from here to Westminster though? That would be mad.
  • AliAli
    edited 5:20AM
    He will have free parking in the underground car park, did someone not say they see him on the bus sometimes late at night