From Fiji to Trinder Road , Crouch Hill ,to the Olympics

edited April 2011 in Local discussion
Last year I met a couple the Mc Coys . The lady Veronica , whose parents originally immigrated from Fiji, was brought up here in Trinder Rd as there was also Scottish & Welsh ancestry . As a child she had been on same early music circuit as myself & was planning, with husband Paul to bring a swimming team from Fiji for the Olympics . I wonder whether they accomplished this ? Surely a News story !

Comments

• edited 4:37PM
    Your wasting your time on here Julie
    Perhaps Detritus could translate Julie's post à la <a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/2701/boundary-discrimination/#Item_17">this thread</a> ?
    Does it really need translating?? Does it?
    It took time but i think it something along the lines of. Julieshrive has a friend who a huge Paul Simon fan in there mid thirties. As there name is Al, for the past 20 years Julieshrive's friend has been searching for a friend named Betty that they could sing the Paul Simon song "You Can Call Me Al." together and point at each other when there names are mentioned. ................................................................................. Hmm people are odd.
    There are some people here who are subverting . I wonder why? Detrius definitely suits his name? I know I am dyspraxic at MA level but their brain fog can only come from those discriminating....??!!! .,Anyone who knows their stuff knows that You Can Call me Al was a Paul Simon song the video with Chevy Chase was very amusing as one was impersonating the other. Just thought there may have been people around who remembered them . Not with questionable attitude found here......Oh dear?
    I still thing it's a troll.